backhoe for bx2670

roy2636

Mar 29, 2015
iowa
anyone know why i can't get the kubota backhoe for my 2670? the dealer wasn't able to tell me. i realize i could have went with the x25, but didn't realize how much i would use the backhoe.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
anyone know why i can't get the kubota backhoe for my 2670? the dealer wasn't able to tell me. i realize i could have went with the x25, but didn't realize how much i would use the backhoe.
Sorry, but in the BX series you get the 25D with the Hoe from Kubota or you go aftermarket. The subframe is part of the build, and was told you can't retro it. I wanted to go that route to get the bigger engine. So far can't complain or feel underpowered on the 25.

I believe Woods makes one you can get with a sub frame, might be cheaper to sell the 2670 or trade it in on the 25D.

Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

roy2636

Mar 29, 2015
iowa
Sorry, but in the BX series you get the 25D with the Hoe from Kubota or you go aftermarket. The subframe is part of the build, and was told you can't retro it. I wanted to go that route to get the bigger engine. So far can't complain or feel underpowered on the 25.

I believe Woods makes one you can get with a sub frame, might be cheaper to sell the 2670 or trade it in on the 25D.

Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.
does that mean you don't get the 3 point hitch if you went with the 25D then? or able to use one?

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Yes, the 25D comes with three point also. The backhoe for the 25D mounts to the frame of the tractor . It is quick attach. Take the backhoe off and you can put the three point on.

roy2636

Mar 29, 2015
iowa
ok. so i don't understand why i can't get that equipment for my 2670 if its practically the same tractor. is a 25D built different?

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Yes the 25d is built different. Basically the frame and backhoe subframe are 1. There is no backhoe subframe to add later.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
does that mean you don't get the 3 point hitch if you went with the 25D then? or able to use one?
You have to purchase now, it was all part of a package that I purchased. I think the price is around $300, but it should be free like they used to be.

I added the Hodge stabilizers, very big improvement.

roy2636

Mar 29, 2015
iowa
Yes the 25d is built different. Basically the frame and backhoe subframe are 1. There is no backhoe subframe to add later.
well, sounds like my dealer lied to me then. I was told it could be added later and there was no difference between the 2670 and 25D other than it came with the backhoe. at the time I bought mine, I didn't think I really needed a backhoe, but asked if you can add them later incase I did find use in getting one.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
well, sounds like my dealer lied to me then. I was told it could be added later and there was no difference between the 2670 and 25D other than it came with the backhoe. at the time I bought mine, I didn't think I really needed a backhoe, but asked if you can add them later incase I did find use in getting one.
I'd be kind of worried about your dealer. The 25D is a 2370 with the beefed up frame. Sounds like they dont now there models.

I was debating 2370(23hp) or 2670(26hp). Didnt really know if I needed the extra 3 hp? Is it worth the extra $$$? I asked the same question on the backhoe. He told me only 25D and cant add later. Havent used the backhoe much, but it sure has come in handy. Glad I went 25D(23hp). More $$$ :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I asked the same question of my dealer and he explained that the 25D undercarriage is heaver, and the sub frame for the PH cannot be bought by it self for that reason. As it will over time twist up the undercarriage of the 2360. I also should have gone with my gut ,,BUTTTTTT ,, when the banker is involved and she don't want something you don't get it. and I don't like sleeping on the couch :D

roy2636

Mar 29, 2015
iowa
I'd be kind of worried about your dealer. The 25D is a 2370 with the beefed up frame. Sounds like they dont now there models.

I was debating 2370(23hp) or 2670(26hp). Didnt really know if I needed the extra 3 hp? Is it worth the extra $$$? I asked the same question on the backhoe. He told me only 25D and cant add later. Havent used the backhoe much, but it sure has come in handy. Glad I went 25D(23hp). More $$$ :D
i kind of am worried about my dealer now. they also told me to run 15w40 in the winter, even though that manual states different. i talked with a implement dealer and there is a woods backhoe avalible for my tractor, but considering what people are saying here will it be to much for my tractor? will i have issues down the road? then again is the price of a backhoe worth it? i bought my house last winter and have only wished i had a backhoe once. id hate to have something like that and only use it once a year. ive even looked at trading for something bigger because i will eventually get cattle. id like to beable to move round bales if i needed them. i dont plan on keeping then through the winter so the need for round bales wont be great and if i were to have a full grown cow die for some reason id like to know i can move it. man, life choices!!

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
Yes, the 25D comes with three point also. The backhoe for the 25D mounts to the frame of the tractor . It is quick attach. Take the backhoe off and you can put the three point on.
* I just this week took off the backhoe unit, and put on the 3pt. Hitch, total time approx. 20 minutes, then hooked up the 52" garden tiller.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Sounds like with once a year or so use you could rent a small cub excavator and come out ahead dollar and cents wise compared to trading up or adding to existing tractor.

roy2636

Mar 29, 2015
iowa
Sounds like with once a year or so use you could rent a small cub excavator and come out ahead dollar and cents wise compared to trading up or adding to existing tractor.
i would agree with you, but what about convenience? its a 30 min drive just to get somewhere to rent something and my trailer isn't that big. plus I'm limited on time with rentals, i hate rushing. i don't know, maybe i should just rent when i need it. i am thinking about upgrading to a L4701. i would like to be able to carry round bales