Backhoe Drops

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I bought a new B2601 with a BH70 backhoe, the first time I used it there seems to be an issue. I ran the machine for more than 2 hours at approximately 1800 RPM without shutting down. On two occasions as I moved slowly just 150 yards the backhoe was dragging in the dirt. Since the tractor was running, I thought the hydraulic pressure should maintain the backhoe position for a considerable amount of time. Yes, this is my first experience with a backhoe. Warranty time already?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
My limited experience it shouldn’t do that. Did you not have the boom lock engaged when moving the tractor? May also take a look at the hoses for the cylinders at the valve bank, recall there being a note on my BH77 when I installed it that they need to be checked. I also don’t know the B, does it have a flip around seat for the hoe or does the hoe have its own seat? If flip around is there anyway the seat back can hit the controls when its in the forward facing position?

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
No leaks, seat flips around but plenty of clearance. My thought is that there is debris in a valve. I'm loosing faith in the dealer and I hate to turn them loose on it, hopefully with some direction from you folks I can come up with a place to start looking.

I can't imagine that the lock pins need to be in place every time I need to move a bit.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Sounds like the boom control valve. It should be the first valve in the stack to the left if sitting in the bh seat. I would remove the rubber boots to make sure the lever is free and not hitting the housing(keeping it from resting in neutral).

They will all leak down to a certain extent, outriggers especially. I would consider inches in the measure of hours to be within the factory valve spec. Anything outside of that would be unacceptable. It can also be the cylinder piston seal itself. If you feel comfortable, you can swap the two hoses off the front of the valve with the left right swing to see if the boom still drops. Would isolate if the valve, or boom cylinder is the culprit. Make sure the boom is lowered to the ground with valves exorcised when you remove the hoses. They will leak a lot. 7/8"