Back to HST problum

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
L3130 HST loss of power when traveling slightest hill eng. bogs down /bin through the fuel system "3'times /tank out cleaned out "All new hoses"/installed inline electric fuel pump/ new injectors /psi test system/ new governor spring/ ( NOW I NOTICED ) After putting it all back together "AND NO" change / after it has run for a while 10 - 15 min it gets better not grate but better ( Got tractor 980 hrs) (no history owner passed) 1018 hrs now complete fluid & filter change 1000hrs (problem started before 1000hr serv. ( no noise/chatter /slippage / highest temp 164 hyd. line (heat gun) Break test will roll away in neutral on slightest grade /ANY THOUGHTS OR INPUT (Also hooked it up to a 24' bat wing brush hog to see if eng. bogs down (NOT TRAVELING) "0" problem

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I don't know your tractor, but bought a JD rider for $300 (guy paid 4200+ ) similar problem, wouldn't go up an incline. Got the dope from HST mfr...'burned out', well almost. Added their kit to bring it back to THEIR standard and it 'magically' came back to life.
Hmm.. is there any kind of 'valving' that could be directing 'travel' fluid away from the 'drive train' ??

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Going to throw this out again because it still sounds like it’s binding itself up, I would suspect a failing HST wouldn’t bog the engine down. You said it does it in 2wd and 4wd, have you made sure it’s actually not stuck in 4wd. Does the tractor have the right size tires on it?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Since you mention going back to a problem, which I think I faintly remember reading about...

How about a link to the original thread, if there was one.

If there wasn't an original thread, why would you say "back"...maybe just a word thing...don't know. But I do remember someone having a similar issue...could it be you?

Edit: could be I read what I remember over at TBN....

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Since you mention going back to a problem, which I think I faintly remember reading about...

How about a link to the original thread, if there was one.

If there wasn't an original thread, why would you say "back"...maybe just a word thing...don't know. But I do remember someone having a similar issue...could it be you?

Edit: could be I read what I remember over at TBN....

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
bad HST doesn't have to bog down the engine. That JD rider I had, engine ran great (1 yr old...). Also the PTO seems to be fine !
One way.. engine does drive pump...no problem, BUT the motor is slipping and can't drive the drivetrain and wheels under a minor load( the incline)
You can have a 'weak' clutch in the car, runs down a LEVEL road fine, get to a hill and oopsy, can't make it up !

Would have to see HOW the HST works it's magic and how the flows go in the system.

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
Going to throw this out again because it still sounds like it’s binding itself up, I would suspect a failing HST wouldn’t bog the engine down. You said it does it in 2wd and 4wd, have you made sure it’s actually not stuck in 4wd. Does the tractor have the right size tires on it?

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
checked the 4 weel thing a wile ago bucket on tree back tiers spin /tire i will check they sure look right

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
maybe I read this wrong ???
Also hooked it up to a 24' bat wing brush hog to see if eng. bogs down (NOT TRAVELING) "0" problem

Sounds like engine does NOT bog down , as I'm guessing a 24" batwing is a good load on the PTO ??

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
maybe I read this wrong ???
Also hooked it up to a 24' bat wing brush hog to see if eng. bogs down (NOT TRAVELING) "0" problem

Sounds like engine does NOT bog down , as I'm guessing a 24" batwing is a good load on the PTO ??
Yes to put load on eng, with out using HST

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Correct only travling / PTO performs fine on eng boging down /hyd. IE loader no problum
And I hope I’m not trying to come off as an ass, I’m trying to help get this fixed for you. The postings are somewhat difficult to understand (but that’s ok!). It’s never sounded like it’s an engine/fuel system/hst issue to me (I’m not a tractor tech though!) it has sounded like something is causing the tractor to get in a bind.

Last edited:

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
And I hope I’m not trying to come off as an ass, I’m trying to help get this fixed for you. The postings are somewhat difficult to understand (but that’s ok!). It’s never sounded like it’s an engine/fuel system/hst issue to me (I’m not a tractor tech though!) it has sounded like something is causing the tractor to get in a bind.
In neutral it will roll away on the smaiiest incline / ingear running it will move on a hill also

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
OK, I downloaded the free WSM, as this is testing my grey cells..According to the diagram on page 3-M25 ,power goes engine_>clutch->HST->PTO and tranny->driveshafts->diffs.

so....
since the PTO works fine, than kinda eliminates engine/clutch/HST as the source of the 'bogging'
since it'll roll down an incline, that eliminates the driveshafts and diffs ??

Looking at the WSM, on paper, I can't see HOW it's bogging down ! grrrr very frustrating for me !, have you ANY hair left ???
Sure wish I could help but think I'm 'outta straws. :(

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
OK, I downloaded the free WSM, as this is testing my grey cells..According to the diagram on page 3-M25 ,power goes engine_>clutch->HST->PTO and tranny->driveshafts->diffs.

so....
since the PTO works fine, than kinda eliminates engine/clutch/HST as the source of the 'bogging'

Looking at the WSM, on paper, I can't see HOW it's bogging down ! grrrr very frustrating for me !, have you ANY hair left ???
Bin threw the WSM starting to wear the print off the pages kinda at witts end

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming

so....

Doesn't this point the finger at a transmission problem?

Reactions: 1 user