B8200 front rims

ratnester

May 7, 2019
Shawnee, MO
I got a '88 B8200. Front tire keeps going flat. It's a 24x8.5-12 split rim, marked B9376. I found out the gasket in the middle of the split rims is leaking. Tire shop says they can't fix it and local Kubota dealer says the gasket part is no longer available. I tried cleaning the old gasket up but still goes flat in a couple of days. I see them online for about $20 but I am thinking the rim is too pitted for the gasket to work anyway.

Does anyone know of a one piece rim I could use or have any ideas how to fix this, maybe tigerseal?

Last edited:

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I got a '88 B8200. Front tire keeps going flat. It's a 24x8.5-12 split rim, marked B9376. I found out the gasket in the middle of the split rims is leaking. Tire shop says they can't fix it and local Kubota dealer says the gasket part is no longer available. I tried cleaning the old gasket up and using some silicone but still goes flat in a couple of days. I see them online for about $20 but I am thinking the rim is too pitted for the gasket to work anyway.

Does anyone know of a one piece rim I could use or have any ideas how to fix this?
Buy a tube that will fit. Clean up the rim and smooth it and paint it. Drill a hole that will let the valve work. Assemble the the unit and you should be good to go. I have done this with a Rome Plow(disk) that weighs around 3000 pounds and it has worked for years.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Thanks BigG. My local tire shop tried a tube already and it popped on them. They said it won't work without a drop center rim.
I do not want to sound flip but find a better tire shop. There is no difference in the rim once it is bolted together. Clean it up, sand the rims, fill any rough places, check the placement of the valve stem hole so the valve stem will not get cut and paint it up. Place the tube inside the tire and put a puff or two of air in it until it is rounded out. Place the tire over 1/2 of the rim and line up the valve stem. Place the other 1/2 of the rim into the stack and bolt it together. Now pump it up to the correct pressure. You should be good to go. This is a do it at home project. There is no need to go to the tire shop except to get the tube.

This will work unless you and I are talking about 2 different types of split rims.

Like I said before I have done this on my Rome Plow and I have had several 2 wheel gravelys with this type of rims.

If you and I are talk about different rims please take a picture of your rims so that we both learn.