B8200 Discontinued propeller shaft

Teamdirt

Equipment
1984 b8200
Mar 19, 2023
nor cal
Hello from a New Guy,
I couldn't find the forum search, so I apologize for the new post.
I broke the end off the Prop. Shaft 67800 13610, can they be fixed or a 7100 shaft retro fitted?
I cannot find one.

Thanks
teamdirt
Alex

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I googled and found a sold one at Wenger's , 1/2 was rusty..... but I don't know how yours broke , there was a previous question in 2020...NIW replied(I think..) about NOT a good idea to weld the it back together.
Now IF you could 'sleeve' it, that would be strong......
Maybe find out what models had that propeller shaft and see if 'tractor scrap yards' have any ? A yard might have a BXX00 with the same shaft, but zero B8200 so they'd say 'sorry,don't have it'.
A proper machine shop should be able to repair..ain't going to be cheap though.

Teamdirt

Equipment
1984 b8200
Mar 19, 2023
nor cal
I googled and found a sold one at Wenger's , 1/2 was rusty..... but I don't know how yours broke , there was a previous question in 2020...NIW replied(I think..) about NOT a good idea to weld the it back together.
Now IF you could 'sleeve' it, that would be strong......
Maybe find out what models had that propeller shaft and see if 'tractor scrap yards' have any ? A yard might have a BXX00 with the same shaft, but zero B8200 so they'd say 'sorry,don't have it'.
A proper machine shop should be able to repair..ain't going to be cheap though.
Thanks for the info.
It broke at the flywheel bushing end, past the clutch.
I will look into getting it fixed or recreated.
I was wondering how close the 7100 shaft is but I don"t want to buy one just the check it out.
BTW I found the search button
Thanks again
Alex

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for the info.
It broke at the flywheel bushing end, past the clutch.
I will look into getting it fixed or recreated.
I was wondering how close the 7100 shaft is but I don"t want to buy one just the check it out.
BTW I found the search button
Thanks again
Alex
The b8200 is a 100% unique shaft, that long front pilot nose is the killer.
No the b7100 will not fit it, or really any other model.

If it only broke off the pilot bushing end, that's a super easy fit for a machine shop!

What exact model do you have?
EP
DP
HST-EP
HST-DP

Reactions: 1 user

Teamdirt

Equipment
1984 b8200
Mar 19, 2023
nor cal
The b8200 is a 100% unique shaft, that long front pilot nose is the killer.
No the b7100 will not fit it, or really any other model.

If it only broke off the pilot bushing end, that's a super easy fit for a machine shop!

What exact model do you have?
EP
DP
HST-EP
HST-DP
Thanks again,
You guys are great.
I have the dp and the 2.5 inch piece snapped .75 inch past clutch splines towards flywheel, can they reweld?
Splines are a bit worn too.
Many thanks
Teamdirt

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it would be doweled, welded, tip built back up to size, and then turned to finish.
First get a new pilot bushing and dust seal so they have the size to fit the tip too.
Seal: 09400-14247
Pilot bushing: 66621-14120

Then find a local machine shop and they should be able to hook you up.
If not, shout back as I'm sure there are several on here that have, and can run a lathe!

I would also get a new pressure plate and clutch disk while your at it.

Second option (and the route I would go): this would give you clutch better splines and tip.
And yes the splines are the same as the F2000 took the same clutch pack.
Buy this and have it welded to the back half of yours, better splines better tip, and easier fix for the machinist!

Last edited:

Teamdirt

Equipment
1984 b8200
Mar 19, 2023
nor cal
Yes it would be doweled, welded, tip built back up to size, and then turned to finish.
First get a new pilot bushing and dust seal so they have the size to fit the tip too.
Seal: 09400-14247
Pilot bushing: 66621-14120

Then find a local machine shop and they should be able to hook you up.
If not, shout back as I'm sure there are several on here that have, and can run a lathe!

I would also get a new pressure plate and clutch disk while your at it.

Second option (and the route I would go): this would give you clutch better splines and tip.
And yes the splines are the same as the F2000 took the same clutch pack.
Buy this and have it welded to the back half of yours, better splines better tip, and easier fix for the machinist!
Same tip length, splines and diameter? This is the info I have looking for, thanks
Alex

Teamdirt

Equipment
1984 b8200
Mar 19, 2023
nor cal
Same tip length, splines and diameter? This is the info I have looking for, thanks
Alex
Thanks again.
Purchased alternative shaft and is at the machinist now.
Quick question on flywheel reinstall. does the bolt pattern lead to a specific orientation on crank shaft. I can't identify any markings and i removed before I marked it. Argg.
Teamdirt

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Yes, the flywheel only fits ONE way.
One hole will be slightly 'wrong' from the others....but it's really RIGHT !

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Thanks again.
Purchased alternative shaft and is at the machinist now.
Quick question on flywheel reinstall. does the bolt pattern lead to a specific orientation on crank shaft. I can't identify any markings and i removed before I marked it. Argg.
Teamdirt
The flywheel only fits on correctly in one position. Since it's not marked best thing to do is put the flywheel in place, then hand tighten ALL the bolts. If one takes more resistance, remove all installed bolts and rotate the flywheel one hole and repeat. You'll eventually get them all in, then torque them. Improper positions is just enough to make someone use a wrench to reach home, but then if it wrong the threads are buggered up.

Teamdirt

Equipment
1984 b8200
Mar 19, 2023
nor cal
The flywheel only fits on correctly in one position. Since it's not marked best thing to do is put the flywheel in place, then hand tighten ALL the bolts. If one takes more resistance, remove all installed bolts and rotate the flywheel one hole and repeat. You'll eventually get them all in, then torque them. Improper positions is just enough to make someone use a wrench to reach home, but then if it wrong the threads are buggered up.
Awesome
Thanks