b7800 kubota with 72" mower and 63" snow blower for sale

garycz

Equipment
L3750 loader with Bradco 9' hoe, RTV 900, M5660 Loader, LX2610
Oct 15, 2015
burlington flats
What is a fair retail price for this package with 1250 hours on it and well maintained, think i bought it in 1999. I am considering a new package and want to keep the dealer honest

garyczerkies@netscape.net

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What is a fair retail price for this package with 1250 hours on it and well maintained, think i bought it in 1999. I am considering a new package and want to keep the dealer honest

garyczerkies@netscape.net
from the point of dealer trade in to sell outright .....gonna be $3000 or more dollar difference!!!

Sell that tractor online THEN go to the dealer IMO - cash in hand (even if you have to wait a bit) and either finance it at ZERO percent or cash down and go!

What you thinking about getting ? Bigger B ? LX? L?

garycz

Equipment
L3750 loader with Bradco 9' hoe, RTV 900, M5660 Loader, LX2610
Oct 15, 2015
burlington flats
from the point of dealer trade in to sell outright .....gonna be $3000 or more dollar difference!!!

Sell that tractor online THEN go to the dealer IMO - cash in hand (even if you have to wait a bit) and either finance it at ZERO percent or cash down and go!

What you thinking about getting ? Bigger B ? LX? L?
Hi
I am looking at two options. I like the size of the B7800 I now have, but am looking at repairs on a 15 year old unit (as well as 72" mower and 63" blower that both are getting a bit tired), my estimate of suggested repairs for all is about $3000, then I still have a 15 year old package with 1300 hours on the clock. The dealer is begging for good used equipment, so I plan on leveraging that need. He had a BX2680 package on the floor, a bit smaller than the 7800, smaller mower (60 versus 72) drive over install which I will not get because it can be a scary ride putting it on, and also a 48" blower (smaller than my 63, but has a quick attachment that is MUCH better than my existing set up where I need to slide a very heavy under-frame mount in place to attach. I asked him about a unit that was a bit larger (comparable to the 7800) and he suggested a B2601HSD, with 60" non drive over mower and a 55" commercial quick attach bower. I mow about 5 acres twice a week, mostly flat and going from 72 to 60 will add time to the job and adds up in cost when you cost of hours run and your butt in the seat for the next 15 years, the smaller blower is ok for my needs considering the quick attach and hydraulic shoot that it has. To get around the smaller mower I am considering the land pride 72" rear finish mower FDR2572 as an accessory to solve the mowing time issue (as well as keep the belly mower). I have 4 kubota products at this time, 1987 L3750 with loader, and bradco 8' hoe, 2200 hours on clock (my grandpa pall) the 7800 that replaced a used Duetz gas 48" mower (that was a pain in the butt) a 12 year old RTV bought new with aftermarket cab and dump body (my wife saw it a dealer when we were driving home from work and said "it is cute" u-turn, test drive, deliver home for weekend inspection and never left the farm, ALWAYS listen to the wife!) and my newest addition M5660 with loader (2 more payment at 0% and it is mine, got it to take some pressure off the 3750 and do a better job mowing my pastures and fire wood on my 70 acres. All 4 orange pieces of iron were at 0%, and only twice did they let me down, that was the 3750 when a freeze plug rotted behind dash $2 part and a few hours trying to get it in a very tight space, also a failure of fuel solenoid that frustrated me a bit because it was all good till tractor warmed up, then it died and after cooling and it worked but kept doing the cycle. Right now I am working around 10/20 0% finance date (they always extend it) availability of product, and discussing this with my wife. The wife part will be easier, no change in my budget payments, and more likely drop to a 3 year plan, We have no debt, own everything on the farm, and being in the 4th quarter of the game of life (cant take it with you) will probably move forward sooner than later.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
A couple of thoughts...
A BX is NOT a B in any way, shape or form. It's a lot less tractor, plain and simple. (This coming from a guy with three B-series machines.) You would be making a huge step DOWN in performance and durability.

The B7800 is a good core machine. Don't be worried at 1300 hours - I have a B2410 with 2600 hours and it's running strong. I've replaced the dynamo, that's it. Do the scheduled maintenance a little ahead of schedule and the core tractor will serve you well.

As for implements, if you are mowing 5 acres do not sacrifice one inch of cutting width. I find the difference between my 54" and 60" mowing decks is considerable when mowing at the airport. I use the narrow mower when the grass is long or wet, otherwise go to the wider mower and mow with my foot to the floor.

You haven't stated how much snow blowing you do. Given your reference to being in the fourth quarter of the game, a front mounted blower makes all the difference in the world (I have three of them, plus hold a rear-mount blower in reserve, plus have another bigger tractor with a rear-mount blower just in case - we get serious snow here).

If I were in your shoes I would likely spend the cash to refurbish your existing implements, replacing bearings etc, or look for the same model type but with fewer hours on the used market. Mowing decks aren't hard to find. Plus if your mowing deck blows up you know you can always just buy a stand-alone 3pth-mounted finishing mower. They aren't nearly as nice to use as the belly-mount mower if mowing fairly flat land, or at least that's been my experience, but they are relatively cheap, readily available and adaptable to any tractor with the right PTO horsepower.

As for the tractor - just spend the bucks on a good once-over for maintenance. Inspect, repair and replace as necessary. It might cost you a couple of thousand bucks to do it well. The B7800 is a terrific platform which, at 1300 hours, isn't even close to mid-life. None of the newer tractors are as tough or as heavy-duty as your existing machine. My neighbor has a B7800 that he has considered trading for a newer tractor. He came home shaking his head at the dollar difference the dealer wanted. I've already told him I'll buy his tractor for cash when he wants to sell it as that generation of B-series is a terrific machine.

Reactions: 1 user