B748B snowblower

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey DsBota -

Just dug up an older post that covers off that exact snowblower. The blower is 48" wide and fits the B6100 and B7100 models. Take a look at this link:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7558

also this one is good at explaining how it is powered (pulley w/electric PTO powered via front PTO shaft):

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/112148-b7100-front-power-take-off-2.html

Lastly - I found an ad for one of them for sale in Ontario (not sure why it's for sale, snow is headed that way soon!) - take a look at the pictures to see how everything might hook up for you:

http://chatham-kent.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-other-Snowblowers-W0QQAdIdZ232498300

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Gave one of them away a couple of years ago. I really gotta stop doing that. It is actually a thrower not a blower. Blowers have a fan, throwers have a flat spot in the middle of the auger to throw the snow. Some people call them a single and two stage. Two stage is much better in wet snow.:D:D Dusty

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the reply guys. Mr.K that add on Kijiji is the reason why I was posting. I've double the amount of area that I have to clear from last winter and saw that blower r I mean thrower for sale and there hard to find at that price up here. I think I'm better off to stick with my current set-up (fel bucket and fel plow).

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi DsBota. That blower is not really built that heavy. And 48'' is a bit narrow for a B8200. I have a blower on the back and a blade on the front and I really like it.:D Dusty

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have one sitting in the garage gathering dust...
Is there any way to rear mount it versus front mount it.
In the simplest of terms NO.

Anything is possible but the $ you would spend to make it work will buy you a very good used 3 pt 2 stage blower for the 3 pt hitch.

Yours is designed to be rotated at engine speed so close to 2,000 + rpm's
Your top rear pto speed is likely 750 rpm or less.

Direction of rotation is possibly backwards when you try using the rear pto.

Dave M7040

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Could anyone give me some more info on this snowblower? How it hooks up and what models it fits?
Suggest you start lookng for an old McKee blower. Made in Ontario Canada years ago and sold to Kubota, John Deere and other companies also as their own brand.

You know it is a McKee by the fact that, although a two stage unit, there is no gear box just two bevel gears out in the open with no lube as you see in the first picture.

The blowers will look beaten up by now but still have years of service for a tractor your size. B7100's are still using them.

Although designed for a 540 rpm pto, you can run them on the higher speed rear pto which is about 750 rpm.

Dave M7040