B7300 wont start but I can jump starter and it will run?

RSE

Equipment
Kubota B7300
Nov 23, 2020
Missouri
Recently my B7300 stopped starting with ignition switch. I can jump the starter terminals and it will start and run. Oil and glow plug lights work when switch is turned but noting from starter when engaged. I replaced ignition switch. This model does not appear to have a seat safety switch, I checked the Transmission safety switch, it seems ok.......any suggestions?

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
I have a B7300 that does the same thing but on some days it cranks normally. I've checked the grounds, safety switches and installed a relay but sometimes I have to do exactly what you're doing. Some times I can work the High/Low range lever back and fourth and get it to spin and crank. I'm as exasperated and I'm sure you are.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
My M4700 has no seat safety switch. It has only a high/low range lever switch. Obviously if that switch doesn’t make contact in neutral...your starter will not operate.

You also probably have a relay that must close before your starter and starter-solenoid will receive power. So your troubleshooting should look for whether or not power is being received at your starter terminal when you attempt a key-start. If power IS being received there...then your problem is your starter. (This doesn’t sound like your problem because you can apply power to the terminal and the starter works.)

The next step is to check your starter relay, which is likely behind your instrument panel. When you turn your key to ”start”.... it should ”ground out” the relay...which will in-turn send power to the starter terminal.... IF your relay is also receiving battery power (Another potential failure point.)

Hope this helps.

RSE

Equipment
Kubota B7300
Nov 23, 2020
Missouri
My M4700 has no seat safety switch. It has only a high/low range lever switch. Obviously if that switch doesn’t make contact in neutral...your starter will not operate.

You also probably have a relay that must close before your starter and starter-solenoid will receive power. So your troubleshooting should look for whether or not power is being received at your starter terminal when you attempt a key-start. If power IS being received there...then your problem is your starter. (This doesn’t sound like your problem because you can apply power to the terminal and the starter works.)

The next step is to check your starter relay, which is likely behind your instrument panel. When you turn your key to ”start”.... it should ”ground out” the relay...which will in-turn send power to the starter terminal.... IF your relay is also receiving battery power (Another potential failure point.)

Hope this helps.
Thank you

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
My B7500 HST will only crank to start if the PTO is in the off position, If it is to the front or back even just a little bit the machine will not crank over.
You also may have a switch on the clutch pedal linkage that needs to be depressed to complete the circuit, Check that it is not stuck/broken/misadjusted

RSE

Equipment
Kubota B7300
Nov 23, 2020
Missouri
The parts illustration shows three safety switches as I have marked up.

View attachment 51095

Dave
Thanks, not being able to see the whole diagram, I'm assuming the switches are #1 the Clutch; #2 hi/lo gear selector; #3 the forward/reverse foot pedal(s)...................Nevermind, I understand it now. There are two switches on the gear control / PTO side....thanks

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
there are 3 switches on the 7300's that are in the start circuit

clutch switch neutral switch and pto switch

which one is off or not working?

The clutch switch is no fun to replace.