B7300 front tires

HiPowerOne

Equipment
B7300HSD,LA271,RCK60-24, Bush Hog SQ480, Pronovost Puma-54,Winco 10KW PTO GenSet
Jul 19, 2019
Shoreham, VT
While not critical right now, my front tires are weather checked. They are Firestone 21x8.00-10 tires and no longer available from Firestone (discontinued). Looking at any in that size, I do not see anything available. Does anyone know of or if there is a replacement tire? Appreciate any help/ideas.

HiPowerOne

Equipment
B7300HSD,LA271,RCK60-24, Bush Hog SQ480, Pronovost Puma-54,Winco 10KW PTO GenSet
Jul 19, 2019
Shoreham, VT
When using this tractor in tight turns on soft/wet turf, even with my current turf tires, I have to be careful not to tear/rip turf.

That tire does not appear to be a turf tire, but a trailer or other device tire..I.E., very aggressive tread design. 6PLY and much higher load rating suggests trailer. Even the 'name' Load*Star leads one to believe it is designed for a trailer.

Has anyone on this forum actually used that tire as a turf tire and if so, under what conditions?

Though it may be close in dimensional size, I am very hesitant to use it as a turf tire.

HiPowerOne

Equipment
Jul 19, 2019
Shoreham, VT
Thanks for your reply and input. However, you appear to be either a tire dealer or work for one. You therefore are biased towards selling tires. Just because a tire may fit a wheel, that does not mean that it works as intended. I think that I will await an actual B7300 or similar user's response as to how well these tires work as turf tires.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You ask for a tire that you can use on your tractor. A person that sells tires answers your question and then you tell him his answer is of no value because he sells tires.

I would think you would take medical advice from a doctor not the ambulance driver.

Maybe ask the man for a reference or two. After all he posted contact information in an attempt to help you with your question. You state that you could not find a tire to fit and this man offered assistance.

And no I do not work for Miller tire. I have purchased from them in the past. They specialize in hard to fine tires.

Last edited:

HiPowerOne

Equipment
Jul 19, 2019
Shoreham, VT
Thanks for your input BigG and I take your points seriously.

However, I have purchased many a tire over my 72 years of living, and have come to the conclusion, that at times, some claims by tire dealers are not all that they are cracked up to be.

I have several times been sold sets of tires that are supposed to last so many years or are quiet or best snow tread around, only to find out the opposite.

I now do serious research first, and ask around before just buying. I am tired of buying a tire that is either overstocked and they are just pushing inventory, or one that is no longer made, and when you need a replacement, you need a non-matching tire.

In this case I want a tire designed for turf, not a trailer tire that 'may' work. If, as he stated, there are so many of these tires in use on tractors doing turf work, maybe one of those 'users' will chime in and give a review and maybe be available to answer a few questions.

HiPowerOne

Equipment
Jul 19, 2019
Shoreham, VT
For those following this thread and those who might be interested, I found a CONTACT link to KUBOTAUSA and have sent an inquiry to them asking what they would recommend as a replacement tire. I will post their response. Who knows....they might recommend a trailer tire!

Last edited:

HiPowerOne

Equipment
Jul 19, 2019
Shoreham, VT
I have heard from KubotaUSA twice, but so far they have been less than helpful. I have resubmitted my query and hopefully this time they will come up with an answer. They have acknowledged that the tire is no longer available from the manufacturer and that they have no stock and nor do they intend to stock.

HiPowerOne

Equipment
Jul 19, 2019
Shoreham, VT
My opinion of Kubota customer service at KubotaUSA has dropped dramatically. It appears, that while they invited continued questions regarding my initial request, that they have forced closed the 'event'. Here is what they said after my second request:

"Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
We are continuing to work on your issue. To update your question with additional information, please respond to this email."

I had responded with further clarification of my requests and asked for information, and got no response. SO I resubmitted another clarified request, to which I received the following reply:

"Subject
Replacement turf tire [Incident: 200529-000011] Kubota B7300

Response

To submit a new incident for Kubota Customer Care, please visit our support site:

http://www.kubota.com/"

So much for responding to their email at the address that they clearly indicated.

I agree with other users, and now believe that KubotaUSA is just ignoring or deflecting any and all requests for technical information.

While I really like my B7300, it appears that it is a truly orphaned machine and I and other owners are on our own. It truly does not make me really want to use a KubotaUSA or a Kubota dealer for anything.

TimberwolfFXDL

Equipment
B7300 with some implements/attachments
Sep 8, 2020
Battle Creek, MI
Not sure if you got this solved, but I had a similar experience with them. I tried to call them to the carpet over it. They were not pleased lol

Customer By Service Web (08/20/2020 04:09 PM)

I own a B7300hst 4 wheel drive tractor. Two front tires need to be replaced but I am finding out they were discontinued by Firestone and were a size specific only to Kubota. Is there a replacement suggestion or substitute?
They are the turf and field tires

Response By Email (R G) (08/21/2020 04:36 PM)

Thank you for contacting Kubota Customer Satisfaction. Unfortunately, the tires you want are discontinued and there are no replacement tires available. You may wish to try a specialty vendor, but we can not speak as to the quality of parts from a specialty vendor or be liable for their products should you choose to purchase from them.

Regards,

Ruth G.
Kubota Customer Satisfaction

So kubota assumes liability for dangerous tires that are unavailable to be replaced?

Response By Email (R G) (08/21/2020 05:07 PM)

If you use your tractor when you know the tires are bad, then you are responsible for anything that should happen. It is your responsibility to properly maintain your equipment and to discontinue use when you know it is dangerous to do so. We are sorry the tires are not available any more. but we will not be able to provide you with them. This does not make us liable for any damage you or your unit may experience should you run your tractor with unsafe tires.

Regards,

Ruth G.
Kubota Customer Satisfaction

So basically they were saying "If you're tires are bad, and you can't find any, throw your tractor away. It's unsafe and we want no part of it"

I found some aftermarket tires that I REALLY like though...they've been doing a great job.

2020-09-05(7).jpg

Reactions: 1 user

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
TimberWolf, I've got a B7300 with OEM tires that are dry rotted and all four have tubes. What tire is that you put on your B73? Your doesn't say.

TimberwolfFXDL

Equipment
Sep 8, 2020
Battle Creek, MI
TimberWolf, I've got a B7300 with OEM tires that are dry rotted and all four have tubes. What tire is that you put on your B73? Your doesn't say.
From Amazon. The size says 20, but mounted, inflated, and carrying the weight of the front end, they measured fine.

992lb load capacity each, 4 ply. I don't expect them to last forever, but all my driving is off pavement. I've had them a couple weeks and put them through their paces with pulling trees, etc. No problems at all.

Attachments

HiPowerOne

Equipment
Jul 19, 2019
Shoreham, VT
TimberwolfFX: you got about as much as I did from Kubota. Thoroughly disappointed with their customer service. It was almost like I was talking/emailing a robot. They never once made any offer to check with engineering or tech support to find a possible option. Like your reply, throw it away if it does not work. While I truly like my B7300, I might seriously do some heavy thinking if I should ever have to replace. In my opinion, Customer Service is a prime consideration on any future purchase.

Keep us posted as to how the 'new tires' work. Did you ever try to calculate the rolling circumference (RC)? While the Firestone literature said something like 61", it did not indicate under what load condition.

It is also evident that no Kubota 'rep' ever reads these posts.

But, as noted much earlier, I want a tire that will not cut./shred the turf. Your tire looks very aggressive.

Last edited:

TimberwolfFXDL

Equipment
Sep 8, 2020
Battle Creek, MI
It's a little more aggressive than the stock turf tire, but unless you're in 4wd and cutting the steering wheel hard, there's no damage to grassy areas.

K.P.

Equipment
B7300, LA272 FEL, B2650, 8160 Ballast, G2460G Mower, Danuser 20/40, Woods RB60
Aug 11, 2010
Cary, IL
IMO, I would not put anything other than a purpose built tire on a tractor. I installed Kenda K513 20.5x8-10 turf tire on the front of my B7300. The rolling circumference is almost identical to the OEM 20x8-10 Firestone Turf and Field. It works perfectly. I bought mine from SimpleTire.com.

FYI, I do have one Firestone Turf and Field with 50 hours on it you can have for free. The other one has a 1” puncture in it that I didn’t want to install a boot patch and inner tube but that is a common practice. You pay shipping and they’re yours. Otherwise, I’m very satisfied with the Kenda K513.

Last edited: