B7100D loader Hydraulics Restoration

DropD

Equipment
Kubota B7100D w/loader
Apr 14, 2021
Thompsons Station, TN
I've acquired a B7100D w/loader that had been sitting for a while. The hydraulic hoses have a lot of dry rot and need to be replaced. It looks like the reservoir is in the right side column. It works but is pretty slow raising the arms. Any advise regarding the procedure to flush & refill the fluid would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
You didn't say what year. No mater what the dealer or private owner told you, when acquiring a used tractor I'd recommend changing visible defective parts. I'd also change the coolant hoses, belt, check the fuel hoses and of course all oils, fluids, filters, etc. Pending the condition of oils and fluids removed it may be necessary to redo after a couple of hard run hours. Make a big list and save on shipping. Just my .02

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
You didn't say what model, there were at least three different ones used on the B7100.
If it's a B219, (see pics below) the ID plate/sticker will be on the inside of the left upright.
The B219 also has the reservoir in the right upright, and the large fitting that the return hose goes into is a filter screen, and needs to be checked. Also, if it was as dirty as mine was, the lower end of that tank upright needs to be checked for dirt/sticks/leaves/dead possums.
The B219 used a pump driven off the crankshaft, and some have been converted to use the tractor's internal hydraulic pump, with has a lower GPM, resulting in slower operation.
IMG_0165.jpg IMG_0182.jpg hood stop.jpg ry=400.jpeg

Chesapeake

Equipment
B6100
Apr 1, 2021
Washington
The bottom of my tank was sludge. I used a small hand pump designed for pumping lower unit oil ect. I’d add fluid, stir it all up with a bent wire through the pickup port, then pump it out. It took several repeats to get it cleaned out.

I then filled it with fluid and exercised the loader for several minutes then did a drain and fill. I repeated this 3x like one would do with an auto tranny. I’m not sure this is the best way, but it worked well for me. I figure moving forward I can do an annual drain and fill and be good.

The manual says to do a drain and fill every 200 hours and to use 10w-30 ms oil or type F ATF. I first used the motor oil, but then switched to the 30w Universal tractor/trans oil I use in the tranny. It seems to like the hydro fluid better than the engine oil. Finding non-detergent engine oil was a pain.

My 219 has a Cessna 24205 RAJ pump on the front and is fairly slow, but will easily lift the front of the tractor up even at idle.
I don’t know if the lack of speed is pump volume or the tiny little hydraulic lines. Increasing the RPM’s doesn’t increase the speed much.