B7100 scraper blade or box blade

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:confused:I have a B7100 hst I have a pond scoop and trying to decide which would be the best attachment a scraper blade or a box blade to get next. I am using it mostly for mowing and filling in holes from trees I lost due to pine beetles. I am leaning more toward box blade. Someone who has both give me input. Thanks handy

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My preference would definately be the box scrape. Not only will it level and smooth out dirt and rock but to a certain extent it will allow you to move material as you go.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Really all depends on what you need to do with it and what works out better in the long run. I have both a grading box and a blade. Each one had its own abilitys and both do every different things. A grading box is handy for moving bulk material fast and the ability to take the teeth and rip up the ground is a bonus as well. I have a blade as whell but I mainly keep that just for moving snow in the winter time. I have on a rare ocassion used the blade to move dirt but its just not as usefull as the grading box.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:)Thanks bulldog and Eric I bought 1 of each and both are really good for hauling dirt and fixing my driveway. I bought a scoop for a larger tractor and welded adapters on it .I dont have a fel but the scoop will carry at least 2 big wheel barrows of dirt and the boxblade has a blade on each side and 4 rippers. I used the boxblade for repairing my driveway and it did good.I had 32 pine trees I lost to pine beetles.I used the scoop for hauling dirt to fill those holes in as needed it also worked great.Thanks handy

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
No it was a couple months ago. It came time to do something with the holes you know those honeydo list.:DWhat she didnt know was she forced me to by my toys:)handy

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well hell atleast it was a valid reason to go out and buy more toys. The things we do in an effort to keep mamma happy. Cause if mamma aint happy then nobody is gonna be happy!