B7100 Fuel Filter

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
I have been replacing my fuel filter and oil filters with ones from Napa. I have been using part # 3389. The previous owner of my tractor had all the filter number written down in the owners manual that he used from napa. However, I am thinking it is now the wrong number. The filter did not fit inside the housing sediment bowl. It started to slide it in and then it got tight and I ended up having to tear the filter apart to get it out.

Does anyone know the correct number for Kubota B7100? Did they change the size. I have probably put 3 of them in over the last few years. I have never had this problem. I don't know if I wrote down the wrong number or did the manufacture mis-mark the one I got or did the sediment bowl shrink? or what happened. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Jay

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can look up the filter part number on Kubota.com and cross it back to a Napa part number online or at the store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Ok, I am not sure why this site is so prone to not taking pictures! Venting over.

But we have ran into this before at the dealership. What color is your bowl? is it kinda turning a root beer color? The plastic units will actually shrink just below the threaded ring area not allowing a filter in or out. This is due to sun exposure and heat cycles over the years.

Pat

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
But we have ran into this before at the dealership. What color is your bowl? is it kinda turning a root beer color? The plastic units will actually shrink just below the threaded ring area not allowing a filter in or out. This is due to sun exposure and heat cycles over the years.

Pat
Pat YOU ARE AWESOME!

Thank you, I looked up the numbers and double checked them and #3389 was correct. We compared the two filters and they were exactly the same so no mis-marked filter. The only thing left was the plastic shrunk.

Yes the filter is the root beer color, yes the plastic felt like it shrunk at the point. SO the answer is to buy a new sediment bowl and filter?

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Jay

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
You can buy the bowl & o-ring at the dealer, or online (Coleman's, Messicks, etc.) without having to buy the whole assembly.