B7100 cab heater info sought

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My friend has a1980 B7100 HST with a cab.

He would like to have some heat in the cab for snow blowing but the machine has a thermosyphon cooling system with no water pump.

I recall reading a post several years ago by a very cleaver owner who made up a system for such a tractor using an external electric pump to circulate water through the heater.

In spite of the searches I can come up with, I am unable to find the thread.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Dave M7040

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I can't help with the thread reference, but Bosch makes a very nice 12v circulator that is used on Audi 2.7T engines. (Allroad, A6 etc)

I added one to a vehicle that had insufficient heat in winter, and it made a HUGE difference. (Since replaced the heater core and removed the aux pump).

search "Audi Bosch water circulator" for images and links.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks for the Bosh info. I had no idea those cars had an electric auxiliary cooling pump and they are readily available on ebay. At first I thought they would be for vehicles like a an SUV or such with rear heating and cooling but I don't see that distinction.

Dave M7040

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Not an answer to your question, but thought I'd pass this along. I recently re-plumbed the heater in my homebrew cab because of a caution given by a poster on another forum. I now have copper pipe from the heater to outside the cab before changing over to heater hose. His description of what might happen to my skin when a hose carrying 200° water fails scared me into modifying it.