B7100 and a 54 inch box blade

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
I bought this box blade for $200, sight unseen, based on 3 pictures (overall, ripper teeth and cutting edge) all looked really nice so I said I would take it. He said it was a 48 inch box blade, but when I went to pick it up it was actually a 54 inch. Since I drove the 1.5 hours, I didn't make a big deal about it and put it in the truck and headed shopping with my wife. Not my idea of fun, but she did agree I could get the box blade, so I agreed!

Is my B7100 going to be powerful enough to pull this? I tested it on a small rock pile and it seemed to work out fine, but I am guessing I will get into some trouble if I tried to pull it when it is full of rock or dirt.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
For 200 bucks ya done good,, yes it might be a tad on the large side depending what you get into, remember you will run out of traction before you run out of power, these things get really heavy when you load them up and you most likely don't have enough weight to get the traction when loaded,, But for 200 bucks, Craig list it I don't think you will have a problem getting your money back and then some and then look for a 48 incher.. just MHO

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Skeets:

Agreed on reselling it, that is why I just went ahead and bought it. I thought I would try it out and see how it would work, if it is too big I will go your route! Thanks!

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Got to use the box blade tonight to tear out a high spot in the drive way and fill in the waterhole/pot hole on the other side of the driveway. It worked great. I did spin the tires a few times when the box blade was fully loaded with rock, other than that not a problem. I guess I will keep it.

I will need to add some more weight to the tractor, not to me!

Update: I was able to rip up the entire driveway and parking area. I move lots of rock from high areas to low areas and then leveled it all out. Then I turned my 6 foot blade around and drug it over the whole area to smooth out the whole thing. The whole thing looks like I dumped and whole truckload of rock. Happy me, Happy wife!

Jay

Last edited: