B6100 hst rears

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota b1750,60" mm,48" argo trend snowblower,5' grader blade
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Forum has been helpful ,so here is Anouther question.My two wheel drive b6100 hst currently has 29-12.00x15 turf tires on the rear that are whipped.i priced the closest I could find new( 29-12.5x15) and simply can not afford them at this time.From what I have read here I may be able to use a light truck tire. Has anyone used,or know if a 31-10.5x15 will go on my rims and work well on my tractor?other size recommendations?
Thanks

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Learned this today, a standard 16x8 implement rim fits my tractor perfectly.
That opens up a lot of possibilities,should be able to match the height very close in a narrower light truck ice and snow tire that will be perfect for blowing snow

Last edited:

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Bump
Before I spend on rims and tires, would like some feedback from anyone who has used light truc or car snow tires
Thanks

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Any drawbacks to using the truck tires? I plan on using loaded ice and snow tires and figure in the winter months they should be an advantage,but,mayby thinking to hard but wonder when it comes time to mow next spring if the stiffer side walls ,loaded tires and narrower foot print will translate into torn lawn?

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
And btw,I admire your ability to adapt the Chevy rims,I simply don't have the equipment to do so,and was thrilled to discover that the impliment rims at tsc were a direct fit

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I loaded tne tires on my old Ingersoll garden tractor. Tney look more like car tires than tractor tires. I put chains on it in the winter for snow blowing, that's it in my signature photo, but it was still getting stuck. Las t winter it was much better with the loading, but I wondered about how it would do mowing. We have had a very wet summer, but all the loaded tires did was leave tracks of flattened grass that were gone a few hours after mowing. Did not damage the lawn or tear it up.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Any drawbacks to using the truck tires? I plan on using loaded ice and snow tires and figure in the winter months they should be an advantage,but,mayby thinking to hard but wonder when it comes time to mow next spring if the stiffer side walls ,loaded tires and narrower foot print will translate into torn lawn?
I haven't had any issue with them so far. I only use them for a couple months in the spring and early summer while the back yard is a swamp. As soon as it hardens I usually put the rice paddy tires back on since I'm in to bush hogging. Some of the hills I have to do, I can't get up with the turfs. You might check the Chevy rims. Another member adapted his b7100 the same way, and didn't have to grind out the center hub. Just had to adapt the holes for the lugs. If you get a pattern of the bolt holes, a 6 lug ford rim might be a closer match. :D

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Ended up using a 15x8 implement rim ,found a great deal on a set of new 235-75 r15 mud and snow tires.Going to try loading them myself with washer fluid.Anyony know how may gallons I should add to each tire?

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
Here she is with the new boots on
Sorry,not sure why its flipped,and two dis appeared

Attachments

MizzouTiger

Equipment
L3200HST w/LA524 FEL, Rhino BX66 & RX5, Land Pride FDR1672
Sep 19, 2015
West Central Missouri
Ended up using a 15x8 implement rim ,found a great deal on a set of new 235-75 r15 mud and snow tires.Going to try loading them myself with washer fluid.Anyony know how may gallons I should add to each tire?
I'd probably start out at 5-6 gallons each and go from there until fluid starts coming out of the valve stems at the 12 o clock postition. Hard telling what the exact 75% volume would be.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk