B6000E brush Hog??? Who has experience with this??

Cori1235

Equipment
B6000E
Aug 24, 2020
Milton, WV
Looking for any info on running a brush hog on a B6000E. Counter Clockwise turning 10 Pto shaft. Does anyone have experience adapting to a standard 6 spline? Or replacing the 6 spline yoke with a 10 spline??? I'm wanting to get a 4' brush hog and possibly run it in reverse or sharpen to backs or the blades as i've heard people talking about doing? Has someone tested this and how effective is it??

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You got three choices .........

Find a reverser - I have seen them online but rarely - and look to spend $600+ for them!

Make one - several here have done so - not sure what is cost or how long it took to complete.

Or ...... sell that machine .... I know that is not what you want to hear - but that guy is the rare bird in the mix, due to the counter rotating PTO.

Reactions: 1 user

Cori1235

Equipment
B6000E
Aug 24, 2020
Milton, WV
No sir. With respect, those choices are not relevant to the specific scenario i'm inquiring about....anyone who has a b6000E or has done even a very miniscule amount of research into running attachments on it knows about the counter clockwise turning pto, and the rare pto reversers with their hefty price tags. I have no interest in these options because i have seen and read a couple different articles of people running a bush hog on the B6000E without a reverser. I'm only asking for personal experience/knowledge of the effectiveness of this cutting method.