B6000E bogging down under any load especially with my pto/belt driven woods belly mower (304k)

Cori1235

Equipment
B6000E
Aug 24, 2020
Milton, WV
I have a b6000E with 304k woods belly mower. About a month ago i ran it low on fuel and it got air in the lines which i had to of course bleed out. After replacing one leaky hose and getting the fuel running back through to the injetor pump (i assume) she finally starting pushing fuel through and i got the lines hooked back up and it started. It ran rough for about an hour but evened out nicely after a bit. It was good for a couple weeks until the other day......it startd bogging down unusally bad when i was cuttimg grass with the belly mower. It was thick grass but the problem grew worse in a hour and a half period. Then the next day the throttle wouldn't stay up and as soon as i let go of the throttle lever it would close the throttle back off a way and the motor would slow back down. It's also bogging down under pretty much any load now, whether it be driving or running attachments.....it also won't always idle consistently, and the throttle will slowly drop and after a few seconds it will fade backup and resume normal idle speed. Is this fuel related?? I have my speculations but i don't wanna go replacing a whole bunch of stuff before i get a more professional opinion.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
It sounds like a fuel issue to me. Are you sure you have good fresh clean fuel in it?
Have you changed the fuel filter? If not, that'd be the first thing I'd do. You might have picked up some gunk when you ran it out of fuel.

Carl in France

Equipment
B1400, a box and a single blade plough!
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
It sounds exactly like a problem i had with a borrowed tractor.
On examination it was a clogged fuel filter and bits in the lines from the tank when it had been run dry, unknown to me, a couple of days before i picked it up.
Every line cleaned through and filter replaced, luckily that cured it.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
I agree with other posters, start with 'easy' things. (ALL the fuel-filters, Air-filter....etc)

After replacing these obvious things... at that point we can reassess the situation.

Reactions: 1 user

Cori1235

Equipment
B6000E
Aug 24, 2020
Milton, WV
Anyone know if the first fuel filter (lowest with the clear bowl) can be cleaned and resused?? Wanting to get the fuel system cleaned out tomorrow and i can't buy one of those filters locally. I thought i read somewhere that this filter is one that can be cleaned and reused???

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
Anyone know if the first fuel filter (lowest with the clear bowl) can be cleaned and resused?? Wanting to get the fuel system cleaned out tomorrow and i can't buy one of those filters locally. I thought i read somewhere that this filter is one that can be cleaned and reused???
You might be able to clean some gunk off of it if there is any, but make sure you don't damage it, and I doubt it would do any good. Best to get a new one.
They aren't designed to be cleaned, maybe you're thinking of the engine oil filter screen or the trans oil screen?

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Just replace the whole filter with a modern inline filter. Finding one of those old style bowl filters may be impossible.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a b6000E with 304k woods belly mower. About a month ago i ran it low on fuel and it got air in the lines which i had to of course bleed out. After replacing one leaky hose and getting the fuel running back through to the injetor pump (i assume) she finally starting pushing fuel through and i got the lines hooked back up and it started. It ran rough for about an hour but evened out nicely after a bit. It was good for a couple weeks until the other day......it startd bogging down unusally bad when i was cuttimg grass with the belly mower. It was thick grass but the problem grew worse in a hour and a half period. Then the next day the throttle wouldn't stay up and as soon as i let go of the throttle lever it would close the throttle back off a way and the motor would slow back down. It's also bogging down under pretty much any load now, whether it be driving or running attachments.....it also won't always idle consistently, and the throttle will slowly drop and after a few seconds it will fade backup and resume normal idle speed. Is this fuel related?? I have my speculations but i don't wanna go replacing a whole bunch of stuff before i get a more professional opinion.
Throttle should not move on it's own. Fix that first.

Change fuel filter.

Check air filter.

SDT

Cori1235

Equipment
B6000E
Aug 24, 2020
Milton, WV
The bowl style filter is still used in some modern Kubotas. I called a local dealer just today and they have a bunch in stock for less than $5. I'm replacing both the bowl filter and the inline filter with brand new one. On the air filter thing someone please explain the operation of it more fully please? I know it uses that oil in the bowl/tray thing to catch contaminents and then sucks air through that element but is it necessary? Could i not pipe in a modern air filter? I tried cleaning the air filter (soaked it in diesel and got most of the black oily crap to soften up and fall out but i suspect it must have a ton of that crap up in mesh part as well. Any experience with cleaning these successfully?

Cori1235

Equipment
B6000E
Aug 24, 2020
Milton, WV
So i took all the lines off cleaned them out, flushed the tank with clean fuel, replaced both fuel filters, but the most important step i think was blowing out the electric fuel pump. It had some junk that blew out of it so i suspect this was my main issue. She's running great now and the fuel system malfunction was causing the throttle issue cause it's not happening anymore.👍

Cori1235

Equipment
B6000E
Aug 24, 2020
Milton, WV
Next thing i really need to figure out is a fix for my air cleaner.....the bowl on the bottom that holds the oil is completely shot. It cracked and just crumbled apart when i went to clean it...