B6000 or B6100 POWER TEST

Hooverscon

Jun 24, 2018
USA
Hey guys! I need your opinion on the B6000 vs B6100 debate.
I have been told that the B6100 is a "bigger" more powerful machine than the b6000. It wins in any competition... Is this true? I feel that the 2 cylinder 6000 is a better running diesel engine than the 6100. How much bigger size wise is the 6100? I have a 6000 so it's hard for me the guestimate the increased size.

https://youtu.be/sOw5htKcizI. This is a video of my b6000.

Subscribe to the channel if you guys want to see the ATV vs Kubota challenge!

-Mike

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Homestead Mike, Wow lots of information in your video... too bad its wrong info. :eek:

#1: Not all B6000's are grey market (in fact very few are grey market) and because of that you can walk into a kubota dealer and buy parts for it right off the shelf.
Are the labels on your hood in english or french?
If they are it's not Grey market

#2 The PTO spinning backwards had nothing to do with it being Grey market, all B6000's spin backwards, it was just a design choice by Kubota, and was dropped on newer tractors.

#3 Pulling the decompression lever is not how you stop the engine, try pulling the throttle all the way back.
Pulling the decompression lever will eventually fry the valves.

Now as far as the B6000 to B6100 comparison.
B6000 10.9HP 2 cylinder
B6100 14HP 3 cylinder
or My
B7100 at 22HP 3 cylinder, yea it's a little upgraded. ;)

The 3 cylinder engine is way smoother, and yes as way more punch that the 2 Cylinder.

Last edited:

Hooverscon

Jun 24, 2018
USA
Haha I never said I was an expert! Well that is nice to know. My local Kubota told me it was a grey market tractor... So that's what I went with. So you just throttle down do "kill it"?

Do you think the power difference will be noticeable between the two models? I'm trying to decide if I should trade up... Or just do some engine work on my b6000.

Thanks again for the info! I appreciate it.

ASTER

May 30, 2017
ROSEDALE LA
Haha I never said I was an expert! Well that is nice to know. My local Kubota told me it was a grey market tractor... So that's what I went with. So you just throttle down do "kill it"?

Do you think the power difference will be noticeable between the two models? I'm trying to decide if I should trade up... Or just do some engine work on my b6000.

you need need an engine swap i wonder if a d950 will bolt on::?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

A lot of Dealers say they are all grey and they are wrong, you can go to https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
and look at the parts schematics, if all were grey market you couldn't do that as they don't list greys on there.

Yes, The throttle should have a detent (spring) that you pull back against to kill the fuel and stops the engine.

I personally think the b6100, b7100 are a much better model, way more parts options, more ground clearance, wider, more tire options, I was running monster mud tires on my last one which living in the woods was a really nice option, and yes more HP, I've never really run out of HP, I've also had Hydro's so there was that upgrade too. ;)

But yes a B6000 or a B6100 hands down beats a quad at doing work! :D

Hooverscon

Jun 24, 2018
USA
You have any pictures of your tractor? Or other tractors with monster tires!? I've located a company out of Australia that can ship four Farm Lug Special ultra deep lugs tires... Only problem is the price 1200$.

Here's a videos of the beast pulling out a "tree stump" haha

https://youtu.be/HjHfckOFLhU

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You have any pictures of your tractor? Or other tractors with monster tires!? I've located a company out of Australia that can ship four Farm Lug Special ultra deep lugs tires... Only problem is the price 1200$.

Here's a videos of the beast pulling out a "tree stump" haha

https://youtu.be/HjHfckOFLhU
I'll look for pictures of the tractor with the truck tires. ;)

K.P.

Equipment
B7300, LA272 FEL, B2650, 8160 Ballast, G2460G Mower, Danuser 20/40, Woods RB60
Aug 11, 2010
Cary, IL
I went from a B6000 to a 3 cylinder 16 HP B7300. Once I got used to going from manual to hydrostatic transmission, the power difference was substantial. The 3 cylinder is much smoother running and a bit quieter too.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Why the only thing You Boob Tube vids for me are good for is entertainment when I'm bored.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

if you have not done so already remove your video and update with correct information.... ORR at least pin/sticky a post to the top of the ideo comments with the corrected information. We all learn something new.... nothing wrong with that.... just correct the record(s) so others are not unintentionally mislead.