B6000 Glow Plug

ChrisB6000

May 5, 2009
BC Canada
Good Day, just recently picked up an older B6000 that is in need of some TLC.

I need to replace the glow plugs and can find the Kubota part number easy enough 15231-65512.

I need to know if anyone has the equivelant in a different brand that I could get from a local automotive parts retailer? B.C. - Canada, We have no Kubota Dealership near by.

Thanks for the help.

Chris.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I'm sure Service department Vic or Mr K. will get in on this. But till then I'll put my two cents worth in. First of all I will assume that your are sure that it is the glow plugs and not the engine/injector pump/ injectors/fuel filter/fuel etc. On the OTT forum it's hard to tell sometimes who is a class a diesel tech and who is a real first timer. The first Kubota I owned was a B6000. Great little tractor.The thing is this time of year it would start without the glow plugs. And it was a pretty tired engine. Soooo, Either you are preparing for next winter or there may be more than the glow plugs at fault. At any rate I would stick with kubota parts for most things. But thats just my opinion. There are some pretty smart tractor people on this board as well as Vic and Mr K. So give a couple of days to get all the info from those in the know. Good luck and let the rest of us know how you make out.

ChrisB6000

May 5, 2009
BC Canada
Dusty, thank you for the reply. I have tested the glow plugs and they are shot. So I am some what planning for the winter.

It has been giving me some troubles starting.
I have gone through the diesel system and cleaned it all out with new filter and bled the system. I have had it running a couple of times and it runs like a top once it gets going.

I went through the air system the other day, removing the air intake assembly and giving it a very thorough cleaning.

I understand what you are saying about the glow plugs and this time of year. I assumed that they would be required even now to get her going.

When turning over the engine it is definately getting fuel as it pumps out white. But it just won't seem to to 'catch'.

If not the glow plugs where should I look next?

Thanks,

Chris.

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Chris

You could also buy off ebay -$16 + postage. See this listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Kubota-Glow-Plug-Fits-B6000_W0QQitemZ260405056492QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Antique_Equipment?hash=item3ca159d3ec&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

they post to Canada. If the link doesn't work search for 'Kubota B6000' or item No. 260405056492.

Hope this helps.

Cheers John

P.S. If you find the NGK cross over reference it would be good to share with the list and also the price:D

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Chris. Your glow plugs are shot. And from the sounds of it, a pretty cheap fix. They have to be replaced anyway so tis a good place to start. May be all that is needed.Good luck keep us posted.:D

ChrisB6000

May 5, 2009
BC Canada
Okay, I believe I found the correct NGK # which is Y107-1, but no I can't find any parts dealer around here that stocks them or can even order them in. Their books don't show a Y107-1 anymore.

Vic, am I on the right trail?

THanks,

Chris.