B5100 purchase

danl

Apr 30, 2010
Vermont
Hi to all members,

New member and first post. I am very close to purchasing a B5100 with a rear blade, FEL and belly mower. The hours are very low and stored in a garage most of its life. The asking price is 3000.00. Is that a reasonable price. The current owner rarely starts and runs the tractor.

If I buy it, can turf tires be found for it?

Thanks

Danl

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
That's a good price. Where is this at, what's the sellers number and is shipping included :D

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
I notice this one is in Vermont. I've got it guys....Now, just settle down and tell me you're not thinking of buying this old machine..:D I'll just have to go get it out of your way so you don't make a serious mistake. LOL

If it's in good shape you better already have it in your garage for that price. You don't find them in Vermont for those prices, in the condition you describe, unless you're very lucky.

And Welcome to OTT.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
No fare Slim, you have a geographic advantage on us. Not that were thinking of doing anything :rolleyes:

I need to check something, I think I have some vacation time left :D

tcbro

Equipment
L185, Woods L59 mower, rear blade, L-225, Kubota FEL
Mar 10, 2010
Coatesville, PA
Watch out for scammers on craig's list. Around here (PA) 1 in 15-20 ads for tractors is a scam. They offer tractors in great condition, well equipped with implements for well below market price. They only show an email address, no phone #. A lot of times the email address is a women's name.

Tom

danl

Apr 30, 2010
Vermont
Thanks for the reply's and advice. I have put a deposit on the tractor and will pick it up soon. I will keep you updated after putting some hours on it.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Thanks for the reply's and advice. I have put a deposit on the tractor and will pick it up soon. I will keep you updated after putting some hours on it.
Good decision on the tractor. Keep us updated and send some pic's :D

danl

Apr 30, 2010
Vermont
All,

Thanks for the warning about scammers on EBAY, fortunately this is a private sale and I know a little about the current tractor owner.

Danl

drperformance

Equipment
B5100e
May 9, 2010
Pittsburgh
I bought it for work around the yard, it has a 50" mid mount deck and is in great condition. I ended up paying $3500 for the old girl. DO you happen to know anything about the serial numbers? Mine reads B5100E 11857 and I would like to know the year.