B5001 DT front tires

RicePaddyFrog

Sep 22, 2019
Krasang, Burriram, Thailand
Hi from Thailand,
Firstly my knowledge of tires are limited to screwing valve caps, inflating and reading pressures. That it. The frog's front tires are really shot with cracking and bulging and threading tearing loose. These Japanese tires has a lot of grip left but they coming apart.

Thing is I cannot find the specific tires around the country. Importing is not an option! The manual reads it takes 4.5 - 10's witch I can see as the 4.0 - 10's on sticks the rim out a bit. I can only find 5.0 - 10's, my question is will it fit the 4.5 - 10 rims? There is lot's of clearance for wider tires so that will not be a problem.

Attachments

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
The larger tires should mount on the rim. Your problem would be the outside circumference. If the wider tire had the same circumference there should be no problem. The ratio between the front and rear tires must be preserved on a four wheel drive tractor or it can damage the running gear.

Reactions: 1 user

RicePaddyFrog

Sep 22, 2019
Krasang, Burriram, Thailand
Thanks for that Roadworthy. The last thing I want to do is stuff around with drive ratio's and such. I might have some luck with "Deestone", a local tire manufacturing company making two varianst of 4.0-10 AG TT. The specified outer diameter when inflated (as advertised on their web page) match what I have on the frog now.
If all else fail, I will have to go with the wider tire, much more reputable brand though.
I will post it once I got the new tires rerfitted 👍