B5000???

cody

Equipment
Zb5000 kubota
May 17, 2010
Prince George BC Canada
Hi All

Just bought a Kubota B5000 grey there seems to be very little I can find out about this tractor. Does anyone know more about his unit? It seems to be similar to the 6000 and 7000’s just smaller is this the case or do I need a different model to look at for part if needed? Tried the local dealer NO HELP even asked about a loader for this unit and he said it’s too dangerous to put one on this tractor, thanks for nothing!!!
:D:confused::mad:

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Hopefully Vic will chime in. He knows his greys, and he will be happy to help. Most dealers are real pricks when it comes to those imports. It surely can have a FEL, no more dangerous than putting one on a "real" kubota. Boneheads!

cody

Equipment
Zb5000 kubota
May 17, 2010
Prince George BC Canada
This tractor is no North American version, the only thing I can read on it are the numbers and Kubota. It has ZB5000 on the decals and the stamp on the frame is z5oo. The kicker about the dealer is that they have the small lawn tractors with front end loaders on them; my thought is a sale is a sale.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have talked to my deal about puting a loader on my B6100 which is a North American model. They advised against it saying it's to small of a tractor to handle the load and could flip over with it being such a narrow rear axle. They also mentioned with mine not being a 4WD it would not do well diging in the ground. My thoughts are like yours, a sale is a sale and its money in their pocket.

cody

Equipment
Zb5000 kubota
May 17, 2010
Prince George BC Canada
Ya Vic you have it peged damn close on the price too. So do you have a cataloge of goodies to shop from cause I'd love to start with a operating and service manuals if you have them? I read one of your posts with someone else about the auctions and these tractors, and all I can say is dohh!! Oh well live and learn.

cody

Equipment
Zb5000 kubota
May 17, 2010
Prince George BC Canada
Okay

I have changed the oil found the right oil filter thanks to the info on this site dido on the fuel filter but the air filter that I have is too long and has the plastic air fins on it. I assume that I need a different smaller one minus the plastic. The air filter came out fine and I gave it an extensive blow down, till I get the right one. So the trick.... I assume that I will have to take the old one in to see if they can match the one I have, I can’t imagine any modification would be done?

vk2cjc

Equipment
B5000
Apr 30, 2010
Australia
I have a B5000 too, and I am also frustrated by the lack of info about them.

Anyone say how old they are??

My air filter much have been switched for a later model as the finned one fits in mine. But then it also has a Holden alternator and a Ford ammeter too :)

cheers
Jack
(in Australia)

Parts Guy

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Original air filter is still available! :)

I work in the parts department at a Kubota dealership, and at our location we are friendly to gray market Kubota owners. There seem to be a lot of them in these areas, and ultimately a sale is a sale and I don't mind going out of my way to help someone that owns a gray market Kubota. It gives me a nice sense of satisfaction to go above and beyond to help someone in the line of duty.

Anyways, with that said I wanted to point out that in Canada the original ZB500 air filter for the B5000 is available through the regular parts ordering system. They are not cheap (around $60 or so) but in my mind nothing beats using the original air filter. Plus if you want to see an expensive filter, price out a cabin air filter for an M125X.. then realize you need two! :eek:

After a lot of digging, I discovered that the original Kubota part number for the ZB500 filter is 15261-11220. Your dealer likely will not have this filter in stock (or for that matter, even set up in their system), but they won't have any issues bringing it in for you on a special order. I'm unsure whether this part number is available through US Kubota dealers.

I hope this helps someone! I know of one elderly lady that is certainly happy that she didn't have to modify her air cleaner box in order to keep using her trusty old Zen-Noh ZB5000 to till her garden. :)

Last edited:

BigFische

Equipment
B5000
Oct 30, 2010
Cadwell, Ga.
I have oil coming out of the vent on top of the engine and running out overflow hose coming down left side of engine. What's wrong