B3350 and Similar Hot Hydraulics

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Yesterday, for the first time (about 110 hours) I bumped against the optional valving for the Kubota third function system and found it to be very hot.

Had been mowing for 45 minutes or so, and FEL not installed (never mow with FELs installed), and third function switch was off.

Valve/manifold for third function too hot to touch beyond a second or so, which does not seem proper.

Wondering if something wrong causing oil to be opening a relief valve somewhere.

Anyone know anything about such issues?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yesterday, for the first time (about 110 hours) I bumped against the optional valving for the Kubota third function system and found it to be very hot.

Had been mowing for 45 minutes or so, and FEL not installed (never mow with FELs installed), and third function switch was off.

Valve/manifold for third function too hot to touch beyond a second or so, which does not seem proper.

Wondering if something wrong causing oil to be opening a relief valve somewhere.

Hydraulic oil temps can easily reach scalding level (140F) and 180F is still within the "safe" operating range. I would guess its normal.

Dan

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hydraulic oil temps can easily reach scalding level (140F) and 180F is still within the "safe" operating range. I would guess its normal.

Dan
Thank you.

I should have checked the oil cooler but did not.

I'll try to remember to do so next time I use it.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada

If you're working the tractor all the hydraulic oil will be getting hot as normal. so any valves that have oil flow while running will heat up too.
I learned how hot when I was starting out with my new BH77 backhoe. After some digging I grabbed the boom cylinder for support as I swung out off the backhoe seat to get down.
Won't use the backhoe cylinders for a hand grab again.
OUCH they get friggin hot!!