B3200 Question???

jericbarg

Nov 11, 2009
Dothan
Newbie here.
I just purchased(this week) a new B3200HSD w/Fel and box blade. The FEL works great, the issue is the box blade.
While dragging in low gear at 2000 rpms, if I try to raise the box blade (slowly)just a touch the pump whines extremely loud. But, if I try to raise it (fast) all the way it comes right up with zero noise.
Am I turning to many RPMs?
Should I be in M ???

Thanks

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
jeri congratulations!!!!!! I want one of these for myself before I retire.;) What you are hearing on a slow lift is normal for an open center hydraulic system with variable HST and fixed displacement pumps. When you feather the controls at 2000 rpm it causes a high pressure low GPM flow relationship in the piston pump of the HST, thus you hear a whine because the pistons aren't traveling very far down in the barrel with all that rpm (pressure) its the GPM that does the work (quick lift ) and the pressure acts like potenial energy held back by only your silght actuation of the valve directed flow. You don't have any worries but I would keep the RPM below 1800 during the first 50 hours and this is just me and my belief in run in hours per Kubota recommendation. :)

jericbarg

Nov 11, 2009
Dothan
Many thanks!!!!!

Another question.
I have dual brake pedals above the HST forward pedal. How do you use these...if I let off the forward pedal to apply the brake, the tractor stops before I apply the brake.

I know on gear tractors how this works but on HST?????
Turning assist with brake pedal would be useful.

Maybe heel toe driving???

Thanks again.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
You got it :D same as a GST just use your left foot on forward or reverse and right foot on brake(s) or vice veras. It you want sharp directional turns lift the tie bar between left and right brakes and press only that side. Your operators manual will explain it better than me. :p

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Your B3200 "inching" hydraulics. You should read your manual on how to correctly set it. (or call your dealer, they should have set it when they set up your unit!) The hydraulic pump is completely separate from the hydrostatic and isn't infuenced at all by the speed you drive unless your box blade is harder to lift if you are going faster. The hydraulic pump is on the engine, Hydrostat is in the transmission case.
Ed

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi,
It would be quite difficult to operate your tractor the way OB1 suggested. There just isn't room bore both feet to be in there at the same time! Fortunately Kubota have provide a solution! Your tractor has a "speed set linkage" It is on the dash above the HST pedal. with it you can set the hydrostat to the desired travel speed and remove your foot from it.
By the way, did your dealer get you to sign the PDI sheet? if so there is a place on there to note that they explained to you how to operate your tractor. Did they check it off? Seems to me they did a poor job of after sales service!:D
Ed

jericbarg

Nov 11, 2009
Dothan
Before posting to this forum, I sent Kubota Tech Support this question.
Kubota Tech said just about the same thing Ob1 did. Engine RPM's were to high to do what I was attempting.

On the second issue the speed control disengages immediately when the brakes are applied.

After operating tractors for over 38 years this is my first "Toy" tractor and my first machine with HST.

On the 3rd issue, I found several errors in the operators manual.

jericbarg

Nov 11, 2009
Dothan
Ran the little tractor 8 hours today, hauling and smoothing topsoil and even pulled up several shrubs, not one issue.
I figure about .8 gallon per hour fuel usage.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
well then, does it work OK at lower RPM?
I haven't tried specifically on the B3200 but the other tractors only cancel the hst when you press both pedals down.
As far as the manuals, yes, there are some mistakes and some really wacky Japanese to english language interpretations!
The B3200 Hydraulics are not designed to move the lever a little bit and have the implement respond a little. In other words they are not position control . There is really two lift positions, Inching and full. In the inching position which you can feel as a small detent, it is designed to lift the implement aprox, 1/4 inch then stop. there is a stop on the console that should be adjusted to that detent position. to fully lift the implement you hold the lever toward you and pull it fully back until you reach the position you want. Word from Kubota is that they are going to do away with the clutch pedal and the turning brakes on the B's, I hope not, but if you cannot use it it might as well not be there.
Ed
Ed

jericbarg

Nov 11, 2009
Dothan
It worked great today, I just kept the RPMs down.

I agree with you on the brake pedal/HST canceling, I think mine may just need adjusting. With speed control engaged, I should be able to apply left or right brake pedal and keep my speed, but if both pedals are applied it should cancel.

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I should have added that to use inching you pull the lever fully back into the adjustable stop. it will lift approx 1/4 then stop. if you don't pull it fully back you don't stroke the spool far enough to direct the oil to the lift cylinder and it will squeal over relief. Hope this helps! It should work at any RPM.
Ed

jericbarg

Nov 11, 2009
Dothan
I should have added that to use inching you pull the lever fully back into the adjustable stop. it will lift approx 1/4 then stop. if you don't pull it fully back you don't stroke the spool far enough to direct the oil to the lift cylinder and it will squeal over relief. Hope this helps! It should work at any RPM.
Ed
You are correct, I think that I may be guilty of trying to make it be a Position control and not a 1/4 inching valve.
1/4 in valve is new to me too.

Thanks Again.

jericbarg

Nov 11, 2009
Dothan
Okay, still having an issue.
This time while bush hogging at PTO speed of 540 and engine speed of 2400 rpms, I cant lift the cutter(3PH) at all. Squealing starts if I touch the lift lever.

Shouldn't I be able to adjust cutter height(raise 3PH slightly) while running?
I have to slow engine to below 1700 rpms and then raise 3PH.