B3200 power beyond, 3rd function & rear remotes

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
I have a B3200 that has a BH-76 backhoe sub-frame and rear power beyond ports for the backhoe installed. The backhoe is not normally installed on the tractor, and I want to add 2 rear remotes for use with 3 point implements. Since the backhoe and 3 point implements can’t be installed at the same time, could I just run the feed line and return to tank for the backhoe power beyond (which are normally looped) to in and out power beyond lines on rear remotes valve block that I get to provide flow to the rear remotes? Right now it looks like the power beyond port on my block runs to the backhoe power beyond fist, then runs to the loader valve. When the backhoe is not installed, the power beyond ports are just plugged into one another, making the loader valve the only thing in the PB loop. If I feed the rear remotes from the PB connectors, that wood put the rear remotes first, and the loader valve second. Is that a problem? I don’t think I would ever be using the rear remotes and the loader at the same time.

I also want to add a 3rd function to my LA 504 Loader. Does flow for the third function valve have to be added to the power beyond loop, or is there a port on the B3200’s loader valve that can provide flow to the 3rd function.

Sorry for all the questions. I have searched and tried to find the information I need, but I can’t find info on a B3200 with a backhoe power beyond, rear remotes and a loader and with a third function. Below is the diagram of how my rear power beyond ports were plumbed when installed by the dealer.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a B3200 that has a BH-76 backhoe sub-frame and rear power beyond ports for the backhoe installed. The backhoe is not normally installed on the tractor, and I want to add 2 rear remotes for use with 3 point implements. Since the backhoe and 3 point implements can’t be installed at the same time, could I just run the feed line and return to tank for the backhoe power beyond (which are normally looped) to in and out power beyond lines on rear remotes valve block that I get to provide flow to the rear remotes? Right now it looks like the power beyond port on my block runs to the backhoe power beyond fist, then runs to the loader valve. When the backhoe is not installed, the power beyond ports are just plugged into one another, making the loader valve the only thing in the PB loop. If I feed the rear remotes from the PB connectors, that wood put the rear remotes first, and the loader valve second. Is that a problem? I don’t think I would ever be using the rear remotes and the loader at the same time.

I also want to add a 3rd function to my LA 504 Loader. Does flow for the third function valve have to be added to the power beyond loop, or is there a port on the B3200’s loader valve that can provide flow to the 3rd function.

Sorry for all the questions. I have searched and tried to find the information I need, but I can’t find info on a B3200 with a backhoe power beyond, rear remotes and a loader and with a third function. Below is the diagram of how my rear power beyond ports were plumbed when installed by the dealer.
The loader valve is upstream of the backhoe. Flow is pump to loader valve, loader valve to back hoe, back hoe to 3pt, 3pt to tank. I have attached the parts diagram for the loader vlave plumbing. Pipe #10 is delivering oil from the pump to the loader valve. Pipe #80 is the powwer beyond FROM the loader valve to the 3pt. That is the pipe that is replaced with the back hoe inlet pipe.

The 3rd function is normally fed from the power beyond port on the loader valve and it then feeds the back hoe.

Rear remotes are normally installed between the 3rd function and back hoe.

Installing those items is not difficult but you need to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the proper plumbing and hydraulic fitting nomenclature.

Dan

B3200LV.jpg

Last edited:

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
The loader valve is upstream of the backhoe. Flow is pump to loader valve, loader valve to back hoe, back hoe to 3pt, 3pt to tank.

The 3rd function is normally fed from the power beyond port on the loader valve and it then feeds the back hoe.

Rear remotes are normally installed between the 3rd function and back hoe.

Dan
So in my application, it looks like the backhoe's power beyond port is the first thing fed by the PB port on the valve body, is that wrong, or am I reading that wrong. Is "#1 Backhoe Inlet Pipe" in the diagram the return from the backhoe's power beyond ports actually the last in the PB loop?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So in my application, it looks like the backhoe's power beyond port is the first thing fed by the PB port on the valve body, is that wrong, or am I reading that wrong. Is "#1 Backhoe Inlet Pipe" in the diagram the return from the backhoe's power beyond ports actually the last in the PB loop?
I just updated my response with a parts diagram and some additional description.

Pipe #1 is the back hoe inlet oil supply coming FROM the loader valve. The pipe going from the back hoe to the tractor is the return oil supply for the 3pt. When the backhoe is mounted the 3pt is disabled and that flow goes straight to tank. When the backhoe is removed and the loopback connected that oil supplies the 3pt lift.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It really doesn't matter what comes first or last in a PB loop.
Yes you can add a third function or a remote valve on the PB loop.

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
I just updated my response with a parts diagram and some additional description.

Pipe #1 is the back hoe inlet oil supply coming FROM the loader valve. The pipe going from the back hoe to the tractor is the return oil supply for the 3pt. When the backhoe is mounted the 3pt is disabled and that flow goes straight to tank. When the backhoe is removed and the loopback connected that oil supplies the 3pt lift.

Dan
Thank You. I just want to make sure I understand. In this single diagram I attached, pipe#1 (with the coupler) is the pressure feed to the backhoe, and pipe #2 (backhoe outlet) is the return? My 3 point lift arms go up and down while the backhoe is connected. There is obviously no linkage on them. If the backhoe was off, any issues using the PB ports to feed a valve block for rear remotes?

Thank you.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank You. I just want to make sure I understand. In this single diagram I attached, pipe#1 (with the coupler) is the pressure feed to the backhoe, and pipe #2 (backhoe outlet) is the return? My 3 point lift arms go up and down while the backhoe is connected. There is obviously no linkage on them. If the backhoe was off, any issues using the PB ports to feed a valve block for rear remotes?

Thank you.
You have the flow correct.

Other than convenience there is no problem using the outlets for an auxiliary valve. However it is easy to install the valve in the loop ahead of the backhoe and have it permanently connected. That would be my preference.

Dan