B3030 PTO, Neutral, Seat Safety Switches

sodak

Dec 28, 2015
Sioux Falls
Yesterday I fired up my Kubota B3030 for the first round of mowing with the 72" belly mower. The engine starts to die intermittently when I'm on the seat, PTO is engaged, and HST pedal has us moving.

I'm not sure which switch is faulty - sometimes it seems to stop dying when I move around on the seat. It definitely quits dying when I either disengage the PTO and usually when I return the HST to neutral.

It appears that the prior owner jumpered whichever switch is on the right side near the linkage and rear wheel.

How do these switches work together? When working properly, I imagine some are open and some are closed circuits? Where should I begin?

Thank you;

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Does it die like turning key off, or does it start to stumble/sputter?

First thought is seat switch, but if it’s stumbling, it could be a fuel flow/ starvation problem.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yeah, just guessing, but I’d start with the seat.

I recall others having issues with newer B-series seat switches. Seems like there’s a finger-like actuator that wouldn’t quite close the circuit. Some added some padding to the mating surface make it close tighter. Not sure of the configuration of your switch, but worth looking at.

Reactions: 1 user