B3030 position control lever

Army EOD

Equipment
B3030, box blade, 6ft finish mower, 5ft brush hog, auger,
Aug 30, 2021
Toney, AL
Short version is that my B3030 (no cab) position lever (to raise/lower the three point hitch) will not stay up. I got it about 2007 or so and it worked fine. With the finishing mower (or box blade) on the back I could raise it off the ground (slightly or all the way) and it would stay up as until I pushed the lever back down. Several years ago the three point hitch just stopped staying up. Even sitting still, if you pulled the lever to raise the implement, you could watch the lever move forward until the implement was on the ground. This past weekend I had to to access the Neutral Hold (replaced a bearing on the neutral arm) and tried to look at the hydraulics that the position control lever was attached to. I am not mechanic but I did not see anything that might be the cause of the three point hitch not staying up. I have changed all the fluids often. I do not how a front end loader or a belly mower, only the implements for the three point hitch on the rear. I have replaced the safety switches under the seat, on top of the transmission. Could I have somehow done something wrong when I replaced the one on top of the transmission. It does not seem likely but who knows. Thanks for your help.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'm only speaking from memory, and don't have a B3030.

Seems like a similar issue some others have had here on OTT.

The control lever moves forward on it's own, and lowers the 3PH?

It seems like there is a couple nuts (one, plus another to lock them) in the linkage that can loosen up, so the control lever doesn't hold it's location.

A similar thing happens with BX throttle linkage, but from memory something loosens up with 3PH controls on other models too.

Might be worth looking at parts diagrams on Kubota website.

Kubota Tractor Corporation - Illustrated Parts List (kubotausa.com)

Wish I had a better recollection.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I had to go look....seems like something in that linkage gets loose. Again, wish my recollection was better, so don't hold me to it.

Might be worth just checking some of that connection from the lever to the case as a place to start.

Screenshot 2021-08-30 162914.png

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Look at item 20 in the diagram. Say it is a spring and is probably a set of Belleville washers. Tighten “somenut item 50 and then lock in place with nut item 60.

Don’t over tighten just make snug and see how that works. The washers should not be flat, but stay slightly cone shaped (but you may not be able to see that)

Reactions: 1 users

Army EOD

Equipment
B3030, box blade, 6ft finish mower, 5ft brush hog, auger,
Aug 30, 2021
Toney, AL
Thanks for your help. I will take a look to see if the washers are worn and tighten everything up. I emailed Kubota and they were talking about digging into the hydraulics which is above my do-it-yourself skills. Hopefully it is just something simple.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Loosen #60, tighten #50 1/8 to 1/4 turn or so. Retighten #60 and try moving the lever. If it is too tight or too loose, readjust as necessary.

Reactions: 1 user