B3030 Industrial tires to turf conversion or suggestions

defender77

Equipment
B3030 w cab, loader, mower deck
May 5, 2021
N. Michigan
My B3030 is ok in the snow but could be better. We use it for mowing 2 acres also so now that my tires are leaking in the rear, thinking of switching to turf or something better suited for our usage. I have a front loader but it's not on the tractor often. Mostly mower or blower. I tried Ginops but they are rude and not very helpful in explaining why they want/need to sell me a set of wheels also. My search of part numbers found that the rear wheel is the same for both turf or industrial. Fronts looks like they may be different but I think only due to offset.

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I'd take your tire sizes to a tire store, and see what they can come up with that fit your current wheels. Flanges are virtually all the same until you get into large tractor tires, or specialty applications. There is usually no need to change wheels unless it's some kind of oddball, which does happen.

My local Kubota dealer has been less than helpful more than once. I've taken to mail order more and more. I have some stuff coming from Messick's as I write this, while I haven't dealt with them a lot, they've always been helpful, so far at least.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
My B3030 is ok in the snow but could be better. We use it for mowing 2 acres also so now that my tires are leaking in the rear, thinking of switching to turf or something better suited for our usage. I have a front loader but it's not on the tractor often. Mostly mower or blower. I tried Ginops but they are rude and not very helpful in explaining why they want/need to sell me a set of wheels also. My search of part numbers found that the rear wheel is the same for both turf or industrial. Fronts looks like they may be different but I think only due to offset.
It might be more cost effective to buy a set of GOOD chains that will work with your R4 tires, without falling in between the lugs. Tires are expensive, chains are expensive too...but you can take them off when not needed...and when not needed the R4 tires will likely work just fine...and you can save some money probably...

Of course, if chains can not be a solution, say due to risk of damage to the driveway surface...they will not be an option.

Reactions: 1 user

defender77

Equipment
May 5, 2021
N. Michigan
yeah, my rears are leaking fill fluid slowly though cracking. They are due to be replaced and I'd prefer to not run chains if possible due to garage entry / b-ball court.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
yeah, my rears are leaking fill fluid slowly though cracking. They are due to be replaced and I'd prefer to not run chains if possible due to garage entry / b-ball court.
Interesting. My B2910 is probably older than yours as it was bought in 2002. BUT my rear R4 tires are still in great shape. Do you park yours outside where the sun could damage the tires? Mine is always stored under roof...

I certainly get the possible chain damage to a nice flat surface. In my case there is no issue, except for the desire to have some flat cement covered area which I do not have...LOL

defender77

Equipment
May 5, 2021
N. Michigan
Interesting. My B2910 is probably older than yours as it was bought in 2002. BUT my rear R4 tires are still in great shape. Do you park yours outside where the sun could damage the tires? Mine is always stored under roof...

I certainly get the possible chain damage to a nice flat surface. In my case there is no issue, except for the desire to have some flat cement covered area which I do not have...LOL
I bought the tractor used from a garden supply company so they probably didn't take care of sun damage protection - it's under cover now but I got it for 20k with mower/blower/loader/cab so can't complain too much.

Jhilde

Equipment
B2650
Apr 26, 2021
Saskatchewan
Did you have any luck finding tires? I have a b2650 with the same size tires as yours. My front sidewalls are cracking so I did a bit of internet searching and only found industrial tires in that size. Looks like if the tractor originally came with turf or ag tires it would have come with 12" wheels as opposed to the 14" wheels. There are many more options in the 12" size.

defender77

Equipment
May 5, 2021
N. Michigan
Did you have any luck finding tires? I have a b2650 with the same size tires as yours. My front sidewalls are cracking so I did a bit of internet searching and only found industrial tires in that size. Looks like if the tractor originally came with turf or ag tires it would have come with 12" wheels as opposed to the 14" wheels. There are many more options in the 12" size.
no, apparently suppliers are also not shipping many uncommon sizes right now anyhow. covid strikes again