B2710 with bushhog questions

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
So I bought my kubota last fall had to put a fair amount of parts time and money into it. I've gotten it in pretty nice shape now. Went the other day hooked on bush hog. What is supposed to keep the 3pt hitch on tractor stable it has 2 turn buckles on on each side on bottem, but even with tighten all the way it has to much slack and when turning the bush hog actually can hit my rear tires... not good. Tried with back blade and yup it does too. I need it to be stable to use I have lots to do with ths 3 pt hitch yet. I have a ton of Bush hogging to do and clean up my sugar bush road with back blade any help?

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
The turnbuckles on my L2501 are tightened up enough yet allow them the lift arms to pass the pins one at a time when hooking up. I also slip 3-4 heavy washers over the pins to take up a couple inches of slop back or forth. Since I back in with the bush hog to clean up some tight spots it gets the "swing" down to about a foot on the back end of the bush hog. It works close enough for me.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
So I bought my kubota last fall had to put a fair amount of parts time and money into it. I've gotten it in pretty nice shape now. Went the other day hooked on bush hog. What is supposed to keep the 3pt hitch on tractor stable it has 2 turn buckles on on each side on bottem, but even with tighten all the way it has to much slack and when turning the bush hog actually can hit my rear tires... not good. Tried with back blade and yup it does too. I need it to be stable to use I have lots to do with ths 3 pt hitch yet. I have a ton of Bush hogging to do and clean up my sugar bush road with back blade any help?
Something is not right.

Perhaps incorrect stabilizer links (turnbuckles) or improperly installed.

SDT

Reactions: 1 user

Jriedy85

Equipment
B2710, TG1860
Jun 17, 2020
Ohio
I have a B2710 and just got a brush hog this year as well. I noticed the same thing you are. There should be an area on your bottom links that has holes in it to adjust the length as the link sways side to side. I put a cotter pin in that hole and lock those links so they cant change length if they sway side to side. I'll try and find a picture. the pins circled in red are what keeps the arms from swinging into the tires.

IMG_4135.jpg

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
I had a 15hp Shabaura that had the same problem. I simply moved one of the bottom pins 180 degrees (facing inside) which narrowed the width of the arms and gave me more clearance.

airbiscuit

Equipment
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Are your lower arms offset like these? The offset arms give more clearance for the tires.

1626203292923.png

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Maybe a dumb question...never had telescoping stabilizers, but always hear how great they are.

Our OTT member Hodge makes great ones for many models that don't come with them otherwise. I'm sure many will agree that his product is a super improvement over the threaded turnbuckles.

Can you just pull the pins on the stabilizers, slide them onto the pins, and then re-insert so there's much less slack?

Re-adjust afterwards as needed to center.....raise implement, pull the pins on both stabilizers...move as needed...re-insert pins so tight and centered...ALL WHILE KEEPING BODY PARTS AWAY FROM THE IMPLEMENT IN CASE IT DROPS.

Asking for a friend.... :unsure:

Last edited:

Ikc1990

Equipment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
I have a B2710 and just got a brush hog this year as well. I noticed the same thing you are. There should be an area on your bottom links that has holes in it to adjust the length as the link sways side to side. I put a cotter pin in that hole and lock those links so they cant change length if they sway side to side. I'll try and find a picture. the pins circled in red are what keeps the arms from swinging into the tires.

View attachment 63025

I'll try to get a pic of mine I'm guessing I need some revamping of mine caused it looks nothing like that lol

Ikc1990

Equipment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
See what I mean I have my. Trailer mover on but i can sway that by hand too
20210713_184810.jpg
20210713_184832.jpg

airbiscuit

Equipment
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Your tractor's lower arms are offset, which is good. Can you invert one or both of the lower pins on your implement to narrow the stance?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I believe that your arms and stabilizers are assembled incorrectly. The stabilization should be interior to the arms (looking at the pictures in post 4)

The part that fits on the rod may be on the wrong side of the tractor also but try to look at Kubota or Messicks for an illustrated parts list that covers the rear three point hitch

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I'll try to get a pic of mine I'm guessing I need some revamping of mine caused it looks nothing like that lol
Sounds like the previous owner removed the telescoping stabilizers (expensive item at Kubota parts prices) and put turn buckles in their place...

edit: Maybe the PO actually changed the lower arms too...look at Jriedy85's Picture. Yours should look exactly like that. My B2910 does.

Last edited:

airbiscuit

Equipment
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
Might be an aftermarket kit.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Maybe a dumb question...never had telescoping stabilizers, but always hear how great they are.

Our OTT member Hodge makes great ones for many models that don't come with them otherwise. I'm sure many will agree that his product is a super improvement over the threaded turnbuckles.

Can you just pull the pins on the stabilizers, slide them onto the pins, and then re-insert so there's much less slack?

Re-adjust afterwards as needed to center.....raise implement, pull the pins on both stabilizers...move as needed...re-insert pins so tight and centered...ALL WHILE KEEPING BODY PARTS AWAY FROM THE IMPLEMENT IN CASE IT DROPS.

Asking for a friend.... :unsure:
Can you get me in contact with Hodge? I cant seem to find him I'm not very technology smart. Lol I wonder if he can make me a set that sould work for telescoping stabilizer?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I agree with Russel's post above. I really think that the lower trailing arms should be on the outside of the limiters.

Edit: just looked up you tractor. This is what you're supposed to have. Looks like the previous owner did some "customizing".

B2710 Lower Link.JPG

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Can you get me in contact with Hodge? I cant seem to find him I'm not very technology smart. Lol I wonder if he can make me a set that sould work for telescoping stabilizer?
I did not realize those were pictures of your tractor above.

With the standard OEM 3PH the stabilizers are on the inside of the lift arms, and when you tighten them, you pull the lift arms in away from the tires.

On your existing setup, when you tighten the turnbuckles, you are pulling the arms towards the tires...what you do not want to do.

As an interim fix, perhaps you could extend the turnbuckles, rather than shorten them? This would push the lift arms away from the tires. But turnbuckles are better in tension than in compression for sure.

You probably want to reverse the turnbuckles, so they are on the inside of the lift arms, like the original equipment design. Then when you tighten them, they will pull the arms together, rather than apart. Looks like you MIGHT be able to do this without too much effort.

Also, if you can reverse the pins on the brush hog, so they point inward rather than outward, this will also help.

If that is possible and does not solve the issue, next step would be to compare the lift arms to the OEM arms, to see differences and perhaps come up with a final solution. One of us here could give you measurements to the bend, and what the angle is probably.

re54drider

Equipment
L2800, FEL, Bush Hog
May 9, 2011
Goldston, nc
I agree with Russell. Something is not assembled correctly here. Also, the large amount of metal shavings below the PTO concerns me as well as an indication of improper assembly. Either the parts are wrong for the tractor or they are not installed correctly.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I agree with Russell. Something is not assembled correctly here. Also, the large amount of metal shavings below the PTO concerns me as well as an indication of improper assembly. Either the parts are wrong for the tractor or they are not installed correctly.
Good catch. I see it now as well. Almost like the PTO shaft is too long and its grinding the rear housing away.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Well I hadnt thought of that thanks so much. Also the shavings are the pto shaft which I have a part now on the bush hog some how busted spring and pushed to far onto the tractor shaft when I raised the bush hog. And rubbed on the housing. Causing shavings.