B2650HSD 3 pt. hitch troubles

LRoyJetson

May 17, 2015
va
I have a 3 yr. old B2650 HSD w/ 130 hr. Have had zero problems so far.
Noticed last time that I used finish mower (3 pt hitch mt), that mower wouldn't hold position.

When lever is moved to raise the hitch, nothing happens until about no.8 on sticker. Hitch then raises all way to top. When moved to lower, will immediately lower, but will not stop.
Hitch used to move according to lever position. Basically now is either up or down.

Oddly looks like lift arms are no longer parallel. I'm referring to the top small lifting arms , not lower arms that attach to implements.
Left side looks either bent or lower ? Maybe just me?
Linkage seems OK, Didn't notice anything bent.
Someone referred to a "feedback" rod problem/ adjustment.

Hope I explained this fairly clear. appreciate any help !!

Last edited:

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade, ZD1011
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
Are you talking about the lift arms not being equal? (Items 100/90) A picture would help. The feedback arm is attached to the tab on item 100. You will need to determine if the arm is bent or if there is another issue. These arms are attached via splines to shaft 70. I don't know how they would lose parallel alignment unless the spines are stripped or maybe shaft 70 is broke? The feedback arm I believe only adjusts the upper and lower limits. But I might be wrong so I will let one of the more experienced posters answer that.

1654560737205.png

Your feedback arm is item 30

1654561484414.png

LRoyJetson

May 17, 2015
va
Yes sir, you are correct. I will get pics in the am.
What is adjustment procedure for rod #30?
When implement is raised to top position, I lose hydraulics to loader.
Sounds like relief valve is in play. Small movement forward (lower), no noise and hydraulics return to FEL.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have a 3 yr. old B2650 HSD w/ 130 hr. Have had zero problems so far.
Noticed last time that I used finish mower (3 pt hitch mt), that mower wouldn't hold position.

When lever is moved to raise the hitch, nothing happens until about no.8 on sticker. Hitch then raises all way to top. When moved to lower, will immediately lower, but will not stop.
Hitch used to move according to lever position. Basically now is either up or down.

Oddly looks like lift arms are no longer parallel. I'm referring to the top small lifting arms , not lower arms that attach to implements.
Left side looks either bent or lower ? Maybe just me?
Linkage seems OK, Didn't notice anything bent.
Someone referred to a "feedback" rod problem/ adjustment.

Hope I explained this fairly clear. appreciate any help !!
A simple check to see if you have stripped splines in one of the lift arms is to remove the snap rings from the ends of the rock shaft and see if the timing marks are lined up. There is a dimple on each arm and the ends of the rock shaft.

LRoyJetson

May 17, 2015
va
left arm looks bent to me. Since it is not attached to linkage, can that be cause?

When lift arm are at max lift, there is no play in arms. Can not push up by hand any further, tight against something.

Should arms be fairly easy to slide off shaft?
These are not.

Last edited:

jnschnit

Equipment
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
Yes sir, you are correct. I will get pics in the am.
What is adjustment procedure for rod #30?
When implement is raised to top position, I lose hydraulics to loader.
Sounds like relief valve is in play. Small movement forward (lower), no noise and hydraulics return to FEL.
I agree, sounds like the lift arms are coming up to far and the hyd are going into relief. That would explain the noise and the and no loader operation. Adjusting the feedback arm may get you going again for now, but I would be worried about the lift arms not being equal and what happened there.

jnschnit

Equipment
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york

Looking at the top left pic, it definitely looks like the lift arms are not equal. Would explain why your going to relief also since the feedback rod also attaches to that arm. I don't see the snap rings on the spline pictures? Hopefully it was you that took them off already. You may need a gear puller to take the arms off? Never took mine off so not sure.

LRoyJetson

May 17, 2015
va
The feedback rod attaches to the right side arm (as viewing tractor from rear) .
Was thinking it was good and left was bent?
Yes sir, I removed the snap rings for pics., as per whitetigers' post. Index marks look good, I can find ZERO info on adjustments. Thank you for your replies.

jnschnit

Equipment
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
I have played with the feedback rod on my B2620 but not on my B2601. They look pretty much the same.
I also checked my B2601 WSM and could not find any adjustment info. The nuts in your picture is what you would adjust. Hopefully one of the more experienced guys wiil answer up.
1654650398899.png

LRoyJetson

May 17, 2015
va
Mystery solved

Lift arm (#1) connected to feedback rod (#2) was moving as designed.
Feedback rod (#2) connected to feed feedback lever (#4) was moving as designed.
Here's where it was tricky......... hard to see.

Lever (#4) is connected to feedback shaft (#5.)
Feedback rod was moving lever, but not turning shaft(#5). Feedback shaft was frozen to position control valve (rusted). feedback lever was only bending back and forth, not turning feedback shaft.

I removed linkages, freed up shaft, straightened lever, re-assembled, adjusted feedback rod, all is well.

Guess sitting to long, not use much in winter, no snow this year.

Thanks all for the replies and help !!

Hope this helps someone else, it's 5:00, time for a couple cold, chilly ones !!

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 16-46-34 B2050 B2350 B2650 B3150 (engusa)-9Y111-09820 - WSM_B2050_B23...png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

LRoyJetson

May 17, 2015
va
This may be a better picture (Thanks jnschnit)
Feedback rod (#030) was moving as directed by lift arm via (#040)
Rod connects to feedback lever (#010) which rotates feedback shaft (#120).
As shaft was frozen, lever only bent back and forth. Could see where paint was cracked on lever.

qwer.png

Reactions: 1 user