B2650 Wheel Weights?

Mitigator

Equipment
Kubota B2650, snowblower, back blade, rake, Heavy Hitch,
Feb 23, 2023
i just bought a used (204 hours) 2019 B2650 that came with loader, front mount snowblower and 2 years left on powertrain warranty. I live in Colorado outside of Durango. Not much flat land over here and need to keep the rubber side down at all times. I ordered a Heavy Hitch, ~700# of weight and 2" rear wheel spacers from Bro-Tek. The rear tires are already filled with liquid ballast. Question: Has anyone added wheel weights to their B2650?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Does what you purchased have the original rims?

I have a B but I am not aware of a wheel weight application for the stock rims…I could be wrong but I don’t understand how something purchases would be attached…I am sure with time money and creativity there is a solution. Maybe someone else will chime in.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Go see the folks at SW Ag in Bayfield. They are great to do business with.

Reactions: 1 user

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Your set up sounds like sufficient weight. I would recommend getting the heavy hitch and spacers on, then decide if you need more weight. I run filled turfs, use my BH as ballast, and never feel the need for additional wheel weights. Are there certain tasks you plan on where the weight may be an issue?

Mitigator

Equipment
Feb 23, 2023
Does what you purchased have the original rims?

I have a B but I am not aware of a wheel weight application for the stock rims…I could be wrong but I don’t understand how something purchases would be attached…I am sure with time money and creativity there is a solution. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Yep. They're stock, without any wheel weight mounting holes. I've considered drilling holes to mount compatible weights. But, not sure if that would void whats left of the warranty.

Mitigator

Equipment
Feb 23, 2023
Your set up sounds like sufficient weight. I would recommend getting the heavy hitch and spacers on, then decide if you need more weight. I run filled turfs, use my BH as ballast, and never feel the need for additional wheel weights. Are there certain tasks you plan on where the weight may be an issue?
I'm most interested in the ballast to keep me firmly planted to the ground. Also, the front mounted snowblower weighs ~500 lbs. and I need all the traction I can get to get up my sloped driveway in the snow, even with chains on the rear tires.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Just for reference, our loaders lift capacity is around 1,100 lbs. I've carried over 1,800 lbs of concrete on my forks up my steep driveway without any issues. I wouldn't expect you to have ballast issues with a 500 lbs snowblower up front with your set up. I was not in any form of snow however ; ) I don't know how much your chains weigh but that will help as well. Good luck.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
To me 700 lbs ballast seems like plenty…I am assuming driving up a hill…at some point the hill would be so steep (assuming traction) that there could be too much rear ballast…I don’t know where that point is, but 700lbs on the rear goes a long way with a B with filled tires…if that is not enough ballast I wonder B is correct machine for what dealing with…a B with a ballast box will go up a pretty steep hill….too much and you will have to back up the hills…have characteristic of a wheel loader otherwise if too much ballast….but 700 I would think should be fine.

Mitigator

Equipment
Feb 23, 2023
Thanks for all the feed back! My first day on the forum as I just bought the B2650. And it's my first tractor! I've ran CTL's & excavators, but never ran a tractor. So, I'll probably have a lot more questions. I'll have the Heavy Hitch & weights in about 10 days. I'll work with tweaking the ballast and see how it goes.