B2650 Loader Lever issue

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Any B2650 owners out there finding that their right lower leg moves the loader lever when turning to look over your right shoulder?
I'm finding it even more of an issue with my insulated rubber boots on.
The paint is worn off the lever right where it bends back towards the valve assembly, where my leg contacts it.
I've been unpleasantly surprised while looking behind me at my box blade while in forward motion, front end loader on, and my right calf area presses unnoticed on the lever down there and dumps the friggin bucket so it catches the ground and brings me to a nasty halt.

I want to find a way to redesign that lever so it's well out of my leg's way but still works nicely to control the loader.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'd love to see how anyone has tackled this.

Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I didnt like the position of my loader lever either. The loader lever is welded to a roughly 1" square tab, that has 2 bolts that mount it to the loader valve. I took and cut the lever off of the tab, positioned to my liking, then welded it back on. This took care of most of that problem and is way more comfortable now.

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
I didnt like the position of my loader lever either. The loader lever is welded to a roughly 1" square tab, that has 2 bolts that mount it to the loader valve. I took and cut the lever off of the tab, positioned to my liking, then welded it back on. This took care of most of that problem and is way more comfortable now.
Yes that mount tab repositioning would help, thanks, bit no bending or reshaping of the control rod required too?

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Yes, this a real problem for me too. I just never gave much thought to fixing it, thinking "oh well I will just be more careful" but of course I never am.

Well, some operators have done something about it, so I will have to take a look to see what I can do myself. I don't do any welding now. I got rid of my "220V Buzz Box" a long time ago.................but I have a professional welder 1/4 mile from my home. He will weld up whatever I want ............as long as Mr. Green comes with me!

RTMach1

Equipment
B2650 ROPS,LA534 Loader, 60" MMM, B2019 front hyd blade, LandPride BB1254 box
Dec 4, 2012
Holly, MI
I also have run into this problem....... I use the control lock much more now.....it's easy to forget though.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
I also have run into this problem....... I use the control lock much more now.....it's easy to forget though.

This is exactly what I do. Lock out the loader control when I’m only doing dragging and scraping activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
This is exactly what I do. Lock out the loader control when I’m only doing dragging and scraping activities.

I've tried using that lever lock mechanism a number of times and it simply drove me nuts as it is very tricky and difficult to engage it. And often enough I need regular access and control of both the loader and rear implements so using the lock becomes a real pain and almost impossible to use effectively.

I'd love to see a pic of a modified lever that works to solve the interference issue so I can copy it!

Goldenknight67

Equipment
B2650
Apr 18, 2020
Sterling, CT,
I have the same problem. Horrible place to have the loader arm. I came on here to see if anyone had a solution or a better control arm. This one really is a pain.

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
I have the same problem. Horrible place to have the loader arm. I came on here to see if anyone had a solution or a better control arm. This one really is a pain.
Yup, a pain. Happened to have the pallet forks on yesterday when I hooked up my bush hog first time, and while test run cutting and I was looking back at the mower my leg curled the forks down and I came to an abrupt stop with the forks buried and started lifting the front of the tractor off the ground.
I guess I'd better get that loader lever lock working smoothly somehow. Drives me nuts trying to get it to lock into place.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
I've tried using that lever lock mechanism a number of times and it simply drove me nuts as it is very tricky and difficult to engage it. And often enough I need regular access and control of both the loader and rear implements so using the lock becomes a real pain and almost impossible to use effectively.

I'd love to see a pic of a modified lever that works to solve the interference issue so I can copy it!

My lockout was a temperamental little thing for a bit, but has smoothed out significantly with some use. It would be nice if the loader control wasn’t in the way of our leg, but I sure like it’s location when using the loader. Much more comfortable than the more traditional location. Unfortunately, there isn’t much room on our little tractors...

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
My lockout was a temperamental little thing for a bit, but has smoothed out significantly with some use. It would be nice if the loader control wasn’t in the way of our leg, but I sure like it’s location when using the loader. Much more comfortable than the more traditional location. Unfortunately, there isn’t much room on our little tractors...

I agree the lockout will wear in and work better with use. Have to get using it at least until I've convinced myself there's no relatively simple redesign possible. Move the long bar section my knee hits further back a few inches at least, and then returning it forward up near arm level?

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
You can lube the shaft for the loader lock out. It really helps.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
I went to Kubota customer service on this. Their answer was take it to a dealer. My answer was that it is not a dealer issue, it is a manufacture's design issue. If they would offer a re-designed lever, I would buy it.

As might be expected, I am now getting the silent treatment. If someone ever gets hurt because of this issue, ( like maybe smashing into the steering wheel after the tractor comes to sudden stop and a front implement digs in ) Kubota can't say that they were not aware that there was an issue.

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
I went to Kubota customer service on this. Their answer was take it to a dealer. My answer was that it is not a dealer issue, it is a manufacture's design issue. If they would offer a re-designed lever, I would buy it.

As might be expected, I am now getting the silent treatment. If someone ever gets hurt because of this issue, ( like maybe smashing into the steering wheel after the tractor comes to sudden stop and a front implement digs in ) Kubota can't say that they were not aware that there was an issue.
I'd buy a better lever design too. I guess we'll have to figure it out ourselves. Maybe someone can come up with a well made and designed replacement, and make a few bucks on them.
I almost feel like buying a small welder just to tackle this kind of stuff.

GRTkub

Equipment
B2650 HSD
Mar 27, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I just happened to have that same problem. I only discovered it yesterday while clearing some snow with my heavy boots on. I know someone asked for a picture of the modification. I would like to see that too. Thanks in advance.

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
Shined up pretty good by my leg already.

Gotta be somewhere else to route this thing.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Find this interesting even not having that tractor for two reasons. First Kubota is aware they have issue with the seat they use on their L6060 cab tractor, not sure what all models it is used on. It is suppose to be rated for 265 pounds but people as light as 200 are having issues and Kubota is not wanting to accept any responsibility with it and saying dealer. Fell same about Kubota ignoring an issue they know they have. Can see the lawyer ads on tv now like on Roundup and such.

The main reason though is worked for heavy equipment company and the way we fine tuned the control levers was heat red with torch and they bend easy. Let them cool, clean up the metal and repaint. Would suggest getting a round steel rod and test the shape you want first. A good stiff wire could be use to get pattern.