B2650 loader bucket moves freely.

Goldenknight67

Equipment
B2650
Apr 18, 2020
Sterling, CT,
B2650 with less than 50 hours. Sometimes not all the time, when I have my bucket curled up on the air and I shut of the tractor, I can freely move the bucket by hand. Sometimes its locked like it should be. Any ideas why?

Thanks

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Is there a chance the valve control linkage is not returning to center? Perhaps the linkage needs checked/lubricated...otherwise it sounds like something could be hanging up inside the control valve.

Sounds like you may be leaving the loader in a raised position when tractor is parked. Generally it is a good idea to lower the loader and 3PH implements to the ground when the tractor is parked, especially if there are any kids around.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
WHY.... in the World... are you concerned about this...?? You shouldn’t leave your bucket in the air with the tractor shut off because it’s dangerous as hell.... And you aren’t doing any work with the tractor shut off. Why would you expect the mfr’r to give a dang about the bucket having a relaxed hydraulic system when the tractor isn’t running...?? With the tractor not running the hydraulics are not pressurized.
I don‘t think it’s something you should worry about.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
As others have said HUGE safety issue !!!
if you don't think it is, fill the bucket to max, raise to max, lay underneath it, then have someone 'simulate' a blown hose by cutting it with angle grinder or sawzall or skilsaw.....

Now as for WHY it happens, that's the way it was designed,engineered and manufactured. If you want to STOP it from doing it, simply add TWO shutoff valves in series with both lines AND turn BOTH closed when bucket is up.NOT 100% reliable but should work.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Goldenknight, that doesn't look normal to me. Mine certainly doesn't do that. Are you leaving the loader control stick in the float position??? That could potentially be your problem. I wouldn't advise doing that. It could mess up the detent in the loader valve over time. Simply pull the stick toward you to take it out of the float position when parked with bucket flat or slightly in the dump position (it will save your toes, trust me on that).

The only other thing that I can think of is that you have air trapped in the system, or there is an internal seal that is leaking. Did you check the hydraulic oil level? It looks like a new machine, perhaps give the dealer a call.

Others: Not sure why you are jumping to conclusion on what OP was describing. To me, it was apparent when reviewing his youtube clip. Perhaps, the description to the problem he was describing was a bit unclear as I don't think he's leaving the loader up in the air when parked (at least I hope not).

Last edited:

Goldenknight67

Equipment
B2650
Apr 18, 2020
Sterling, CT,
I think you guys misunderstood me. I probably didn't explain it properly. First, I do not leave my loader up in the air all night. I said it sometimes floats like that when its up in the air. Does anyone drive their tractor all over the place with the bucket on the ground? Up in the air could be 5 inches off the ground. When im storing my tractor its always on the ground with the hydraulics released. I always thought the pistons locked and the bucket didn't float like that. You guys are hooked on this "Dangerous" thing that I'm not doing. LOL. When my friends massey is relaxed state his bucket doesn't move at all. Just wanted to know if this is normal with Kubota?

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I think you guys misunderstood me. I probably didn't explain it properly. First, I do not leave my loader up in the air all night. I said it sometimes floats like that when its up in the air. Does anyone drive their tractor all over the place with the bucket on the ground? Up in the air could be 5 inches off the ground. When im storing my tractor its always on the ground with the hydraulics released. I always thought the pistons locked and the bucket didn't float like that. You guys are hooked on this "Dangerous" thing that I'm not doing. LOL. When my friends massey is relaxed state his bucket doesn't move at all. Just wanted to know if this is normal with Kubota?
In my limited experience it is absolutely not normal.

Can not imagine why it would ever be considered normal on any tractor.

Just my personal opinion though...

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I'm at 400 hours on my LA534 loader, and the play in the pins at the loader linkage already allows a few inches bucket play when the bucket is un-loaded. The pins that the ram connects to the top of the bucket, and the bottom frame pivot pins all rock back and forth a little. The loader has been very well maintained with good grease. No serious abuse or impacts have occurred.
Is your observed play coming from the bucket pin play?
I suspect this is normal behavior, and hasn't affected performance for me.

cjh

May 21, 2020
erie pennsylvania
Maybe another video of the cylinders and the quick attach coupler so we can see what is giving you the play. Are the cylinders moving in and out, or is it just play in all of the pins/connections? I will check my 2650 later to see if I have any noticeable play like yours. I have the quick attach on mine, but that is still pretty new and tight. I used the pin on bucket for the first 60 hours of use. I'm not sure why people are thinking you are doing some ungodly thing by having your bucket up to show the issue you are having. I don't recall seeing or noticing any play like that on mine though.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
As others have said HUGE safety issue !!!
if you don't think it is, fill the bucket to max, raise to max, lay underneath it, then have someone 'simulate' a blown hose by cutting it with angle grinder or sawzall or skilsaw.....

Now as for WHY it happens, that's the way it was designed,engineered and manufactured. If you want to STOP it from doing it, simply add TWO shutoff valves in series with both lines AND turn BOTH closed when bucket is up.NOT 100% reliable but should work.
Posting information like that on a forum that can be frequented by anyone is foolish. We have enough folks that can not discern problem solving without coaching them in the wrong direction. Lay under a full bucket ......got to be kidding!! Never. That's why the bulcket should be lowered when not in use, for safety.

Reactions: 1 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
If it moves like that when shut off I'd be scared it could do it when working with stuff in the bucket. I do not think that is normal...at least not on my tractor.

With less than 50 hours I would have the dealer check it out and fix it.

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
Only 50 hours and you say it doesn't happen all the time, ( I can assume you have checked the pins and physical connections). I would call the dealer. My bucket doesn't have slop like that.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
From what I saw in the video you are putting pressure on the bucket with your foot while the bucket is lowered to the ground, and when you push on the bucket it also raises the loader arms a little. Is that correct? If so, it looks like you may have a sticky loader float valve. I would try spraying WD40 on the valve and work it with the tractor shut off. Work that valve in all positions several times with the tractor not running. Then try it with the tractor running and I think you will see improvement. If that tractor was stored outside before you bought it the weather may have caused a sticky valve and it may start working properly after working the valve for some time. Please post back with your results.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
From what I saw in the video you are putting pressure on the bucket with your foot while the bucket is lowered to the ground, and when you push on the bucket it also raises the loader arms a little. Is that correct? If so, it looks like you may have a sticky loader float valve. I would try spraying WD40 on the valve and work it with the tractor shut off. Work that valve in all positions several times with the tractor not running. Then try it with the tractor running and I think you will see improvement. If that tractor was stored outside before you bought it the weather may have caused a sticky valve and it may start working properly after working the valve for some time. Please post back with your results.
The float function should not affect the bucket tilt function, but your observation is interesting. If that is happening it could be an indication of an issue internal to the control valve itself. Which the floppy bucket also seems to indicate.