B2650 good for a small farm and 1/4 mile driveway in NH?

Chris Williams

May 6, 2022
New Hampshire
Hi everyone I have owned a BX2 in the past but am finally getting a 60 acre place but mainly taking care of about 5 acres. Some cleanup is needed with a landscape take but the main uses of my tractor #1 is snowplowing. I dont really want to plow, time isn't a big deal and plan to get a commercial quality KB blower to be ready for anything. I am looking at a super low hour, under 50 B2650 with Can which seems ideal for me. Other than snow removal I plan to use it for moving, loading, unloading, etc. Eventually I would like to till and manage some planted areas probably 1-2 acres max. But mainly snow removal and logs. Possibly add a backhoe down the road. I am not familiar with these models or differences in years as this 2019 from a 22/ It seems like a great fit for me since I 100% need a cab for winter weather in NH. Is there any reason this might not be good for me, or something to consider before buying a 2019? This has a loader, quick hitch, rake and has the extra hydraulic lines in the rear and one up front so it seems like a great setup for me. But maybe not? Or another model I should consider? Thank you so much in advance

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That would be a super size for you, I have a bud that pulls a small hay rake with his BX and a big B will do everything you want it to do, I wish I would have bought a 50 series but got the 01 because the big B was not available due to the label change to the LX. YOUTUBE has lots of guys using the big B to farm with , so yeah it is a good fit for what you want,, just MHO

Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi everyone I have owned a BX2 in the past but am finally getting a 60 acre place but mainly taking care of about 5 acres. Some cleanup is needed with a landscape take but the main uses of my tractor #1 is snowplowing. I dont really want to plow, time isn't a big deal and plan to get a commercial quality KB blower to be ready for anything. I am looking at a super low hour, under 50 B2650 with Can which seems ideal for me. Other than snow removal I plan to use it for moving, loading, unloading, etc. Eventually I would like to till and manage some planted areas probably 1-2 acres max. But mainly snow removal and logs. Possibly add a backhoe down the road. I am not familiar with these models or differences in years as this 2019 from a 22/ It seems like a great fit for me since I 100% need a cab for winter weather in NH. Is there any reason this might not be good for me, or something to consider before buying a 2019? This has a loader, quick hitch, rake and has the extra hydraulic lines in the rear and one up front so it seems like a great setup for me. But maybe not? Or another model I should consider? Thank you so much in advance
I suppose it depends upon how much snow you get and how quickly you hope to blow it.

Snowblowers suck HP and the 2650 is a bit less than 20 PTO HP.

I'm sure that you can make do but it will take time to blow significant snow.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I have an M5660 on 2 acres. I think you need a bigger tractor for a 60 acre estate. (Full disclosure: I have an additional 40 acres elsewhere).

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Hi Chris, I have the same vintage B2650 as you're looking at. Presently have close to 700 trouble free hours on it. We live on 18 acres: 3 acres tillable, 5-6 acres mowing and the rest wooded. I also trailer it two places. One, a 5 acre investment lot 5 miles away that I mow and maintain for now. The other lot is a 50 acre wooded lot about 60+ miles away that it gets used on.

It's my do-all machine: snowblow, mow, cultivate, rototill, backhoe, loader, stump grinder, grapple, flail mower, landscape rake, etc., etc. There's few hills to contend with so power loss that way isn't really an issue. My winter cab comes off for the summer and work in the woods.

The very few times that I really could've used a larger tractor around my place is far outweighed by the times that a larger tractor would've been too big and completely unnecessary. The B2650 was/is the perfect size tractor for my needs when I purchased it and still is.

You'll have to consider your particular needs for your decision. With the current market for tractors and equipment, even if you found out that tractor was too small for your needs, you probably shouldn't have any trouble finding another buyer for it. The B series tractor can get a lot of work done on very little fuel!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
If you have found a good used B2650, snap it up. Mine is used for snowblowing, and lawn mowing as well as assorted other farm chores. The 2650 has a mid pto which is not found on all models. The cab is great. You will find because of all the glass you will want to wear ear protection while mowing etc. I have an L3560 as well, so that one does the front end loader chores because I am too lazy to switch implements around, but the B loader is fine for regular farm stuff. I used it for hauling manure and spreading several hundred yards of wood chips on my arena one summer. I have a front mount snow blower for it, Kubota, and find it perfectly adequate, have never tried deeper than 18 inches. Wheel spacers, loaded turf tires, chains in front, and added drift cutters on the blower.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
If it is a good deal, then it would be a good start. You can always sell it later to upgrade if you find you need a larger one.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day. I think it depends on your expectations. Regarding what you are moving and loading unloading…maybe consider the weight of what you want to lift to the tractor loader capability. Regarding tilling….I’d personally be think something a little bigger for that much property, but if you do not mind a smaller width of till per pass it will do it just fine. Really depends on your expectations and intended uses.

WoodKutter

Equipment
L4600 John Deere 750, John Deere 420
Apr 15, 2022
Vermont and Northern Maine
Greatings from across the river in Vermont. I don't know where in the state you are, how steep your property, or how much snow you get. I also clear and maintain a long driveway. I have done it in the past with a similar sized tractor. It was to light to plow much snow, with a blower it was a many hour job. If your able, I would look for a bigger heavier machine.
Best of luck.