B2650 Fuel Shutoff

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Anybody have what they used for a fuel shutoff on a B2650, part # and size and procedure? Where did you access the fuel line, looks tight around the filter? Just did a filter change so it will be a while before I have to do it again but it was a mess trying to get it screwed back in while diesel is pouring down my arm.

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
How full was your tank? Manual says needs to be below 1/2 tank
will be watching this as I need to change filter on same tractor

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Anybody have what they used for a fuel shutoff on a B2650, part # and size and procedure? Where did you access the fuel line, looks tight around the filter? Just did a filter change so it will be a while before I have to do it again but it was a mess trying to get it screwed back in while diesel is pouring down my arm.
If there is no fuel shut off, the low tech answer would be to squeeze the line before the filter with a pair of locking pliers...just enough to cut off flow, and not to damage the tubing. Assuming the tubing is flexible.

Just what I would likely do...food for thought.

Reactions: 1 user

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
How full was your tank? Manual says needs to be below 1/2 tank
will be watching this as I need to change filter on same tractor
Ran the level below 1/4, lowest I ever had it, but it still dumped fuel. Don't know if it would have been worse with more fuel.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
That's strange. I just dumped my filter content 3 times the other day (seemed like I had water in the fuel) and it stopped flowing out of the filter housing after a second or two. Didn't lose a whole lot of fuel each time. I would say that I had over a half tank of fuel in it at the time.

The fuels dumps out of the housing while your spinning the filter off, but it stops flowing after only a few seconds.

I usually do what Cherokee pictured above...only when necessary.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
That's strange. I just dumped my filter content 3 times the other day (seemed like I had water in the fuel) and it stopped flowing out of the filter housing after a second or two. Didn't lose a whole lot of fuel each time. I would say that I had over a half tank of fuel in it at the time.

The fuels dumps out of the housing while your spinning the filter off, but it stops flowing after only a few seconds.

I usually do what Cherokee pictured above...only when necessary.
I'm a slow spinner, lol, so did get some out before it stopped. Getting it back on was the real issue, trying to spin on quickly with diesel making the bowl slick. Made the mistake of trying to use gloves but abandoned that after a few fails.