B2650 front end loader issues

bwagner32

Equipment
B2650/LA534
Jun 11, 2017
Columbia TN
Hey all new to the board as well as a newer owner. Hope I am posting in the correct place. I am unable to get the hydraulics lines on the front loader reconnected. There are a total of 4 white,blue,red and yellow. I can not get the white and yellow to connect. I have gone as far as using a rag and wrapped screw driver to release the pressure. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Which side did you release the pressure on? It needs to be done on the loader side.

Sent from a field

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
The loader side has the female connections, you need to take a wooden dowel or another instrument that will fit inside the fitting and push hard on the nipple to release the pressure. Be sure to wear safety glasses because fluid will spurt out

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought with the engine off if you cycle the loader control it will relieve pressure in the hoses.

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought with the engine off if you cycle the loader control it will relieve pressure in the hoses.

Only on the tractor side after the hoses have been disconnect. He seems to already have them disconnect and likely the loader side is under pressure.

When bleeding off pressure safety glasses are a good idea. Gloves not a bad idea either. Hydraulic fluid under the skin is a bad deal. Not likely to happen. Just something to be aware of.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
To the OP - pressure can build in the hydraulic hoses of the loader after its disconnected from the tractor.

Two ways to compensate - release pressure via by pushing in the nipple on the female side of the coupling, or cracking a hard fitting somewhere else on the loader.

Wood dowel or brass drift are good for the coupler method. Not hard enough to damage the nipple.

pauly

Equipment
2014 B2650, LA534A FEL,B2781B Snow Blower, Land Pride RCR 1260 Land Pride RB157
Sep 23, 2014
East Troy Wisconsin USA
I was told that after the tractor is off you should run the joy stick left, right and up, down to relieve the pressure. Does this not help?

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I was told that after the tractor is off you should run the joy stick left, right and up, down to relieve the pressure. Does this not help?
That is the proper procedure on the tractor side prior to disconnecting the hoses. Also prior to reconnecting them.

But when the loader sits for a period of time unattached to the tractor, it can drift and move building pressure in the lines making it difficult to reconnect the fittings. Moving the joystick around wont solve this issue because the pressure it built up in the lines on the unattached loader.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure if it relates but the loader sitting in the sun will heat up and add pressure on the loader side. As above the stick won't help release the pressure, try the dowel wrapped in a towel to relieve. Good luck getting it back together.

Huskerfan

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSTC, Grasshopper 725Dt
May 24, 2016
Iowa
The one time I had an issue I just cracked open a flare fitting on the loader.
Same issue on mine. Loosen the first flare coming off the lines under pressure just enough to release a small amount of fluid. Being a little paranoid about it helps, do use protective goggles, gloves and a rag over fitting. Also consider jacking up the loader frame so bucket weight is not putting pressre on cylinders. That way the oil released is a dribble rather than a potentially dangerous spray.

I think this is safer than potentially damaging the seal by pushing a hard object against the coupling and risking a spray under pressure to the skin or eyes.

Reactions: 1 user

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Same issue on mine. Loosen the first flare coming off the lines under pressure just enough to release a small amount of fluid. Being a little paranoid about it helps, do use protective goggles, gloves and a rag over fitting. Also consider jacking up the loader frame so bucket weight is not putting pressre on cylinders. That way the oil released is a dribble rather than a potentially dangerous spray.

I think this is safer than potentially damaging the seal by pushing a hard object against the coupling and risking a spray under pressure to the skin or eyes.
Thanks all this makes sense. I will try this on my B2650 as having trouble hooking it up. Will keep all up to date on progress.