B2650 DRAIN/REPLACE Hydraulic Fluid

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
I'm doing the 50 hour maintenence on my B2650. Done with the engine oil. I opted to burn cash I really don't have to spare to replace the hydraulic oil. I know it's not necessary, but I've heard it's not a bad idea. Since I'm replacing the filters anyway, I'll take the peace of mind of knowing I did it anyway and that it now has Super UDT2 and will hopefully tame some of that whine. I can't seem to find any instruction on how to DRAIN the oil, aside from removing the filters and allowing it to spill out. Is there a drain plug somewhere I'm not seeing? Or is this "the" way? Any help is much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sodark

Equipment
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Ah, I've been looking for "hydraulic fluid". I see it now in manual referred to as "transmission fluid". This cross-terminology keeps throwing me off. Give this another shot here...

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
There are 3 drains for the hydraulic fluid.
One on each side at the lowest point.
One also on the mid pto.

On the very bottom of the transaxle you will see 12mm? studs, that look like the rest of the studs that hold the casing together. Your owners manual will show where they are.

When I changed filters at 50 hours, I bought a large drain pan at Walmart and drained the fluid.
Installed new filters and put the “used” hydraulic fluid back in.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I'm doing the 50 hour maintenence on my B2650. Done with the engine oil. I opted to burn cash I really don't have to spare to replace the hydraulic oil. I know it's not necessary, but I've heard it's not a bad idea. Since I'm replacing the filters anyway, I'll take the peace of mind of knowing I did it anyway and that it now has Super UDT2 and will hopefully tame some of that whine. I can't seem to find any instruction on how to DRAIN the oil, aside from removing the filters and allowing it to spill out. Is there a drain plug somewhere I'm not seeing? Or is this "the" way? Any help is much appreciated!

There are three drain plugs.

Locations are clearly identified in the owners manual.

SDT

Sodark

Equipment
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
There are three drain plugs.

Locations are clearly identified in the owners manual.

SDT
Yep. Got it, thanks. "Clearly" is a bit generous, I'd say. Illustration shows 2 bolts on illustration # 1AGAEEDAP035G, there are 3. It's the middle one, for the record...

Sodark

Equipment
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Alright... So refilled 4 gallons SUDT2 per the manual. Next step (page 80, step #4) states "After running the engine for a few minutes, stop it and check the level again; add oil to prescribed level".

Directly to the right, under a bold "IMPORTANT" Heading: "Do not operate the tractor immediately after changing the transmission fluid".

...So, uh... Why? And for how long? No clues offered.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Loss of translation...
Make sure the three point is working before moving and using the tractor, to make sure your not running the system while the pump is starved for fluid. ;)