B2650 3rd Function and operating an hydraulic dump trailers

RJ B2650

Equipment
B2650
Apr 8, 2020
Stacy, MN
Hello, very new to posting on this board. I recently bought a B2650 and had the dealer add the Kubota 3rd function so I can run my grapple. I purchased a inexpensive manual dump trailer (1,600# cap) and looking to add a hydraulic cylinder to be able to dump it from the seat while loaded. Does anyone know if it is possible to run lines from the 3rd function outlet to the rear to actuate a 36" cylinder? I am not sure if it is that simple or more complex. Anyone have a set up like this they can show me a picture of?

Thank you in advance!
RJ

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I’m having the dealer install a 3rd function and also routing it to the 3pt as a set of remotes. So it is possible. When I get the tractor back I can try to take some pictures of how the dealer does it for you. I would expect that they will be putting a T in where the control goes to the loader and just running lines to the rear as they said I will only be able to use one or the other as both actuate at the same time. Much cheaper option than installing rear remotes as well. And I will still retain my quick connect on the loader and still be able to use the rear lines

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
It's called a selector or diverter valve, it can be Manual or Electric... would have to know what your hose thread is (might have to get adaptors for hoses to fit).

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you can run a cylinder off of a third function valve.
And yes it's as simple as just putting line on it long enough to plug into the third function.

But what a pain in the back side:
Long lines that could get caught up in a number of things.
Having to go from front to back to install or remove them.
Making 100% sure you don't move the loader and damage the lines.

Even adding an additional set of ports off of a Third function valve has it's inherent issues.

Also Be mindful that too large of a cylinder will pull a lot of fluid from the tractor, so refill after first operation.

Dump trailers on a tractor are inherently very dangerous.

The much weight (or anything close) tipped up in the air can:
Push the tractor around, and not always straight ahead
Can flip a tractor right over instantly
Can lift the rear of the tractor off the ground instantly causing all sorts of things, not limited to Brown under shorts!

RJ B2650

Equipment
B2650
Apr 8, 2020
Stacy, MN
I’m having the dealer install a 3rd function and also routing it to the 3pt as a set of remotes. So it is possible. When I get the tractor back I can try to take some pictures of how the dealer does it for you. I would expect that they will be putting a T in where the control goes to the loader and just running lines to the rear as they said I will only be able to use one or the other as both actuate at the same time. Much cheaper option than installing rear remotes as well. And I will still retain my quick connect on the loader and still be able to use the rear lines
I love this option! I see myself using the loader and dumping but never my grapple and dumping. Can I ask how much more it was to plumb a "T" and lines to the rear vs the standard 3rd function to the loader?

RJ B2650

Equipment
B2650
Apr 8, 2020
Stacy, MN
It's called a selector or diverter valve, it can be Manual or Electric... would have to know what your hose thread is (might have to get adaptors for hoses to fit).

Thank you!

RJ B2650

Equipment
B2650
Apr 8, 2020
Stacy, MN
And yes it's as simple as just putting line on it long enough to plug into the third function.

Even adding an additional set of ports off of a Third function valve has it's inherent issues.

Also Be mindful that too large of a cylinder will pull a lot of fluid from the tractor, so refill after first operation.

Can lift the rear of the tractor off the ground instantly causing all sorts of things, not limited to Brown under shorts!
Thank you so much for your reply and insighst!

6feettogo

Equipment
B2650
Apr 22, 2020
Newman Lake, Wa
This Is what I did to my B2650. The lines hooked up to the valve are going to my top link. The other lines are going to the front of the loader. They are attached to a set of dummy couplers just to hold them out of the way and to keep the hose couplers clean. It will be easy to change the 2 around if I need to.

Attachments

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I love this option! I see myself using the loader and dumping but never my grapple and dumping. Can I ask how much more it was to plumb a "T" and lines to the rear vs the standard 3rd function to the loader?
i will let you know when I get the bill. Hoping to pick up the tractor tonight or tomorrow morning.
all in I’m around $6500 cdn with taxes for all the hydraulics, a 54” Snow blower and the hydraulic chute control.

RJ B2650

Equipment
B2650
Apr 8, 2020
Stacy, MN

So I just made my purchase of the King Kutter 1.5 ton (off road) dump trailer, https://www.amazon.com/King-Kutter-Dump-Trailer-1-5T-DT-XB/dp/B000N4V09S. It features a single action cylinder (lift only) and a hand pump. It does however, offer a single hydraulic line to connect to the tractor. If I run a single long line from the 3rd function how will I control the dump? Also, can i convert the trailer cylinder to "dual action" and run (2) lines?

RJ B2650

Equipment
B2650
Apr 8, 2020
Stacy, MN
Thank you so much for your reply and insighst!
So I just made my purchase of the King Kutter 1.5 ton (off road) dump trailer, https://www.amazon.com/King-Kutter-Dump-Trailer-1-5T-DT-XB/dp/B000N4V09S. It features a single action cylinder (lift only) and a hand pump. It does however, offer a single hydraulic line to connect to the tractor. If I run a single long line from the 3rd function how will I control the dump? Also, can i convert the trailer cylinder to "dual action" and run (2) lines?

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta