B2620 rops light connection

cleo101

Equipment
New Kubota LX3310
Dec 4, 2015
Thorndale, Ontario - Canada
I've read a few threads talking about rops lights and I'd like to do this to my B2620 too. My questions is I got a bunch of wires already running below my seat, how do I know if there is extra I can connect too from ? and I'd like to be able to have them run off the main head lights switch, is that possible.

I don't want to take to many things apart just to get to a wire if that's at all possible.

any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I've read a few threads talking about rops lights and I'd like to do this to my B2620 too. My questions is I got a bunch of wires already running below my seat, how do I know if there is extra I can connect too from ? and I'd like to be able to have them run off the main head lights switch, is that possible.

I don't want to take to many things apart just to get to a wire if that's at all possible.

any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Thanks

There are lots of ways to do this.....

personally - I would rather make my own circuit rather than tap into the factory wiring harness.......some might say - why not use what is given, well true, but if the person makes a mistake and screw up the factory harness....well you get the idea.

Most people do not understand amp,volts....watts....ohms....

all that being said - a relay, switch and some cable is not too $$$ and can be bought as a kit. This way you have a "new" direct feed off the battery.....nothing in the factory harness can be hurt.

See running of the main headlight switch.....that could end up being a problem.....the wire that feeds the lights are designed to carry THAT load, not a lot more, and even with "newer" LED lights, the load is far less but still a potential problem. But amps are amps and too many create a "problem"

Now you can design the relay to sense when the headlights come on, and then your new lights will come on with the same switch (headlight) but the amps will not run through the wiring to the headlights.

Hope that makes sense!:)

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
I have followed that approach on motorcycles for decades and never got in trouble toasting an oem harness. As a new tractor owner I am using the same approach. For those of us lazy (looking in mirror) and limited in electrical understanding the kits at http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/main.html can save a lot of confusion and mistakes.

Bobsfixit

Equipment
bx2350
Jun 13, 2015
Carmel NY
There is a fused 12v Hot lead there, if You are using LED Lights the draw is minimal, tap into and run Ground wire back to switch

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
There is a fused 12v Hot lead there, if You are using LED Lights the draw is minimal, tap into and run Ground wire back to switch
But here is where he needs to be careful.....

"I'd like to be able to have them run off the main head lights switch, is that possible"

and I would say NOT a good idea, typical LED's are use 18 watts each......so thats an amp and a half each.....3 amps more or less total...

now what would be nice is run the "switched" wire off one of those kits to the power line of the headlights.....

when the headlight is switched on - the relay comes on too!

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
B2620 mechanical connection
I am looking at led lights for my B2620. Checking out the different ways to connect to the rops. Wondering about the factory welded nut on the hinge of the rops. Looks like a 10 mm nut.

Attachments