B2601 Ready for delivery!

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Still waiting to do this on the B2601. Too muddy yet to get down the hill. The manual says to start from the seat and jump off it quickly. Yeah, it doesn't say to tilt it.

On the JD 4010, I had to strap the seat down with some tension cords around the back of the seat to the ROPS. The 4015 and 4100 models had buttons under the seat to push, but it didn't work on the 4010. I jumpered it and got it to work a few times, but finally just resorted to the tied down seat.

'Twas easy on the JD 2025R. Just started from standing on the ground, seat down.

All the safety stuff has to be on: parking brake, etc.

The Operators Manual was wrong on use of the rear PTO. Have to tilt seat onto steering wheel.
i have a back hoe, which means a swivel seat. I believe this changes the configuration of the seat safeTy switches. Tilting the seat forward to the steering wheel accomplished nothing on mine. Popping the seat up, put the safety switch into another position allowing the engine to run and operate the rear pto.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Operators manual on the B2601 is wrong. Have to tilt the seat forward against the steering wheel to run the rear PTO.

Good thing because the PTO shaft seems to bind on the wood chipper when lifted and running. This forces me to shut it off before lowering the seat and raising it to move it.