B2601 - Mowing & Weight

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Speaking from experience,If you have a well manicured lawn the b2601 with loaded r4 tires will leave marks,indentations or small ruts if the ground is soft. I prefer my zero turn. The tractor is used for tractor work 😎

Reactions: 2 users

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
(edited because I was not replying to anyone specifically)

I had to laugh, ONLY because for some reason I remembered how people think different ways on having a tractor backhoe.

Those with tractor backhoes love them; Those who do not have them cannot understand how great they are IF you have one.

Since I never had a ZTR, but DO have a second tractor with MMM, I must fall into one camp, rather than the other!

I personally think if I had a ZTR I would feel the same about it as I do my backhoe (love having it), but maybe sometimes I would wish I had a second tractor too...
Ohhh trust me....I was one of those guys totally against the idea of a dedicated mower / ZTR...until I purchased one.
Now, my opinion has changed. I was shocked by the time saved and quality of cut (which, I thought my B2601 w/mmm did a great job....I just didn't have anything to compare it against).

Mike

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I don’t have what I would consider a manicured lawn. I don’t fertilize and I don’t put other weed killer chemicals on….it’s what it is. Anyway I mow with loaded tires and a ballast box(I have a hilly property) It only leaves mark if too wet to be on the yard…we have a sandy clay…I also don’t worry about driving my truck on the lawn for furniture I need to take through the front door of the house. Operative term is if it’s wet…if it’s wet I stay off the lawn. If it’s wet I don’t trim mow either when lawn is wet. Like wise I don’t run the tiller in the garden if the garden is wet. For me it’s relative. If the ballast box cause a mark in the yard it’s too wet. My tractor makes less impact on the yard than the moles do.

Reactions: 1 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I mow with a B2601 equipped with a MMM and loaded turf tires. I take the loader off usually when mowing. It has been very wet here in S.W . Pennsylvania this spring and my lot has numerous wet spots. I try to wait for the ground to dry out before mowing and have experienced few problems. Taking the loader off and putting it back on can be accomplished in a few minutes once you get used to it. I mowed my yard twice within the last 5 days . A first for me. Takes a little over an hour each time to mow the yard in midrange.I would have had to have payed a grass crew nearly $400 for those two cuts. I took advantage of the dry weather we were briefly having and moved some wood around as well. Built a fire.... There is a lot to like about the B2601. Go for it.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I mow with a B2601 equipped with a MMM and loaded turf tires. I take the loader off usually when mowing. It has been very wet here in S.W . Pennsylvania this spring and my lot has numerous wet spots. I try to wait for the ground to dry out before mowing and have experienced few problems. Taking the loader off and putting it back on can be accomplished in a few minutes once you get used to it. I mowed my yard twice within the last 5 days . A first for me. Takes a little over an hour each time to mow the yard in midrange.I would have had to have payed a grass crew nearly $400 for those two cuts. I took advantage of the dry weather we were briefly having and moved some wood around as well. Built a fire.... There is a lot to like about the B2601. Go for it.
I know, my grass has grown 8 inches since last weeks mowing. Just got dumped on last 2 days. Yard will be too wet to mow till end of week. Please stop sending the rain to Eastern PA lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I know, my grass has grown 8 inches since last weeks mowing. Just got dumped on last 2 days. Yard will be too wet to mow till end of week. Please stop ending the rain to Eastern PA lol.
I did not know we were ending it out your way...happy to to stop ending it though...maybe that will shift more of it your way!

I thought it was my imagination telling me the grass here was growing a warp speed! Shifting some of the rain your way might be helpful slowing things down here...:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I did not know we were ending it out your way...happy to to stop ending it though...maybe that will shift more of it your way!

I thought it was my imagination telling me the grass here was growing a warp speed! Shifting some of the rain your way might be helpful slowing things down here...:ROFLMAO:
Lol, fixed it.