B2601 loader changes

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I'm in NZ, and still waiting for the new B2601 model to make it down under. The BX80 series did, but whenever I talk to the local Kubota rep they tell me that a) model changes generally happen in January, and b) no guarantee we'll get it as NZ is a price sensitive market.

I don't really believe this, because I suspect they'd say the same thing if it was coming and they knew it was coming, but also because so far as I can tell none of them knew anything, they were speculating. It makes no sense to me that the single lever valve / quick tach loader would be introduced on the BX80, but on the B2601 we're too price sensitive.

Leaving all that aside, I'm torn between continuing to wait potentially till next January or longer, or just buying the current model which might have good pricing soon. I'll be annoyed if I buy and a few months later the model I actually wanted was available - but I'm also checking what I'd really be missing out on.

My recollection was that the only major change was the loader. Was there anything else refined in that model change? I'd like the single lever coupler, as I take my loader on and off a lot on the BX2350, but it's probably not a deal breaker as compared to waiting another 6 months or more.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPpm-aaIcZ4

Bought by B2650 before this loader became available. The LX models are replacing B2650, B3350 in US. The replacements may come standard with these. I think some users are having "leaking" problems with manifold. Self leveling is very useful with pallet forks and should prevent material from spilling over rear of bucket when raising it.

WKUalum

Equipment
B2601
Apr 3, 2020
Fenton MI
i7: Not sure I am understanding your reply. The original post was about a 2601 and not a 2650. They have different loaders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPpm-aaIcZ4

Bought by B2650 before this loader became available. The LX models are replacing B2650, B3350 in US. The replacements may come standard with these. I think some users are having "leaking" problems with manifold. Self leveling is very useful with pallet forks and should prevent material from spilling over rear of bucket when raising it.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Unless I'm mistaken I thought both B models used the same loader

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
No, different model and different capacities. I know the loader is different though, I'm interested in what else changed between the model years.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
My B2601 is pre-single lever hydraulic lines hook up I didn't want that.

The self leveling bucket does look interesting though on new loader.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Self levelling doesn't particularly grab me, I've been using the BX2350 long enough to be able to curl and lift at the same time reasonably well.

On the new loader, I like the look of the single lever coupler (I don't love doing the pioneer couplers one by one - they're fiddly and my hands get covered in fluid). I know some people have them leak, but it seems not that many, so I'm willing to take that risk.

I don't love the look of the new attachment mechanism. I quite like the pins on the old one - they seem robust to me. The new attachment looks to grab rather than be a pin, and I didn't find the old pins to be a problem.

The new stand looks good, but has more moving parts that probably need cleaning and lubricating to keep working. The old stand wasn't a problem for me.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
I would prefer the older style loader. Too many problems reported with the quad connectors and QA loader. To many reports of them coming off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
When you say "reports of them coming off" what does that mean - the hydraulic connectors, or the loader itself?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
OK, so I've talked to Kubota directly, and they say that the new loader adds about $1,000 NZ to the wholesale price, about $1,500 to the retail price. They also believe it limits the rollback angle, and people don't like that, so they're not bringing it out locally in NZ or Australia.

I think they're wrong on the rollback angle, looks to me like that's on the self levelling only. But the price I understand, we do tend to be a more price sensitive market, and most of these tractors are going to people with small farms, not to gentleman farmers with a bit of land and lots of money burning a hole in their pockets.

Bottom line, looks like not getting the new loader, and furthermore, turns out that neither the B nor the BX is available with SSQA in NZ (presumably that also saves a bit of money), and doesn't look like the B is available with the optional 60 inch bucket, 54 inch only.

So, one big question for me. I was keen on being able to run front forks. Has anyone ever done the bucket removal of a pin-on bucket on their B, and is it particularly hard? I think I could fab an adaptor plate for my existing 3ph forks to pin on to the loader, but I wonder whether taking the bucket and forks on and off would make that more effort than it was worth. I can see the pin-on buckets have bolts holding the pins in, but I presume I could replace those with locking pins of some description. The you tube videos of people removing buckets look to involve a hammer and a bit of effort, so starting to question whether it's a good idea.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Another option looks to be the old style Kubota quick attach. On the BX it's the BX 6315, but I understand there may be a similar system that fits the B. I'd only use bucket and forks, and I'd probably fab my own plate for the forks anyway (I already have 3ph forks). So perhaps that would give me most of the functionality I want. Big issue is that shipping heavy metal things to NZ from USA is cost prohibitive, so I'd probably need to have someone fab something similar locally.