B2601 Adding Rear Remotes with a backhoe

Darren Smith

Equipment
B2601
Aug 15, 2021
Australia
I'd like to add 4 rear remotes to mount my ROP, but are unsure what diverter value I would need and how to plumb it in so that the backhoe would still work.

When the backhoe is off the tractor I'd like to use the remotes to control hydraulic rams on the 3 point linkage.

But when the backhoe is on I'd like to use 1 remote to control the thumb or Auger.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I'd like to add 4 rear remotes to mount my ROP, but are unsure what diverter value I would need and how to plumb it in so that the backhoe would still work.

When the backhoe is off the tractor I'd like to use the remotes to control hydraulic rams on the 3 point linkage.

But when the backhoe is on I'd like to use 1 remote to control the thumb or Auger.
Its not a diverter just an ordinary directional control valve.
Do you really want 4 remotes which is 8 outlets or 2 remotes which is 4 outlets?
I will assume its two remotes. Kubota sells a factory dual remote kit for the B2601 but the couplers do not mount to the ROPS. Are you planning on rolling your own?

Dan

Darren Smith

Equipment
B2601
Aug 15, 2021
Australia
I will assume its two remotes. Kubota sells a factory dual remote kit for the B2601 but the couplers do not mount to the ROPS. Are you planning on rolling your own?

Dan
Yes 4 outlet, do you know the part number for the dual remote kit?

I've already got one outlet, plus the power beyond and tank return to run the backhoe. Just wanted to add 2 directional control valves, but have the outlets for the backhoe

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes 4 outlet, do you know the part number for the dual remote kit?

I've already got one outlet, plus the power beyond and tank return to run the backhoe. Just wanted to add 2 directional control valves, but have the outlets for the backhoe
The whole goods part numbers for the factory remote kit are:
  • B1654 - first position stacking kit
  • B7304 - first position valve
  • B1655 - second position stacking kit
  • B7304 or B7305 - second position valve
That will set you back about $1000 and you can only have float on the second valve.

If you roll your own you can mount an inexpensive two spool valve in the general vicinity of the ROPS and connect it to the existing backhoe power beyond outlet. Then use the power beyond outlet on the new valve for the backhoe. You will also need to tee the tank return from the new valve into the existing tank return outlet for the backhoe . You can get two remotes with float on both spools for about half the cost of the factory kit but it won't be as "pretty". A likely mounting place would be that factory panel with teh cup holder in it. Replace it with a flat base plate and set the valve on it. The levers would be in pretty much the same position as the factory kit and the couplers would come right off the rear of the valve.

Dan
1652705585170.png

Last edited: