B26 lost power to starter

Powers

Equipment
Kubota b26 backhoe loader
Dec 27, 2022
Clarksville TN
Was wondering if anyone can help me I have a Kubota b26 backhoe loader the other day I forgot my key so I had to manually take to switch off from the pigtail and jump started it and I did that for a few days then one day I came back put my key in the ignition after hooking the pigtail up and it started to start then just died on me and since then won't do anything whether I bypass the switch or use it had the starter rebuilt battery is good seat switches are bypassed and I'm getting power to my key switch but not to the black wire for my solenoid starter when key is in does anyone have experience with this or give me some advice

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
If you're jumping from the positive of the battery to the start terminal of the starter and it doesn't crank check the battery ground wire on both the battery and where it connects to the engine and ensure that you're getting 12 volts to the starter main terminal.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
HST pedal and pto have interlock switches to keep from starting. Once washed my B26 and couldn’t start. With key on, jumpered at starter. After that worked fine.

Powers

Equipment
Kubota b26 backhoe loader
Dec 27, 2022
Clarksville TN
All right I replace both the PTO safety switch and the pedal switch found a broke wire on the PTO switch then I double checked on my grounds on my engine on the battery getting 12 volts to the starter but once I turn the key my idiot lights come on but it does not click or the starter doesn't turn at all I jump the starter it'll spin but doesn't kick the Bendix out going to get my starter rebuilt again is it a common issue for the OPC computer not sending power to my solenoid for my starter

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One: Your not jumping the starter correctly
Two: You need to get the WSM and follow it on how to trouble shoot the system, not just blindly stumble around with it.

Reactions: 1 users