B2410 - How to remove a B2056 Hydro Control (Joystick)

cwl3

Mar 31, 2016
Hickory, NC
This may be a very simple question - but I'm a new tractor owner and have no hydraulic experience at all. I own a B2410 that I purchased very used. It came with a B2056 hydro control unit installed that I would like to remove. It did not come with any implements the rely on the valve, and I do not believe I have any use for it. (My understanding that it is a control for non-lifting front mounted implements - such as sweepers and snow throwers which I will never have) The issue is that the valve is leaking like a sieve. Once the tractor is warmed up and at full throttle (for mowing with mid-PTO deck) there is a drop of hydro fluid dripping from each of the male plugs every 1-3 seconds - and after a few hours mowing the deck and side of tractor are drenched. I have been keeping the hydro fluid topped off - but it seems a waste. To me, it seems the best thing to do to resolve the issue is to simply take it off.

I called a dealer and they suggested simply disconnecting the 2 lines from from the valve and capping each off as the easiest solution. They said it would be more complicated to disconnecting the lines from the transmission. They seemed to almost feel sorry for me that I'd even need to call to ask such a thing...

I'm feeling like it would be best to pull the whole thing off. Simply disconnecting the the lines, plugging them, then leaving them zip tied to the frame seems to be asking for an eventual replacement of the lines (due to age or unexpected damage) regardless, so it makes sense to do it on my time schedule verse allowing Mr. Murphy to pick the time & date.

What would be the best way to deal with the issue? I am mechanically capable enough to have changed every fluid in the tractor, and rebuilt the the deck with a new transmission, I just don't know anything about hydraulics - other then they are the life blood of the tractor.

Thanks!

-Calvin

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Clean it up with some degreaser, throw some talc or flour on it and look/find where the leaks are originating from. Take some pics and someone here will help you through the process of fixing the leak with orings or thread sealant or tape. Someone else may also be interested in buying the valve and hoses from you, or the next owner of your tractor may want them. To remove the entire valve/hoses I expect you will have to rejoin some hoses or fittings to complete the hydraulic circuit if it's an open center system.