B2410 - front wheel drive = 4WD?

cwl3

Mar 31, 2016
Hickory, NC
I just bought a used 2410 4WD HST. I was also able to get a manual from the dealer. I noticed one of the levers engages "front wheel drive" mode according to the manual - but no mention of 4WD anywhere. Am I to assume the tractor is always in real wheel drive and "front wheel drive adds the extra propulsion? It seems like horrible wording if I'm correct - but this my first tractor so maybe it does make sense and I just don't get it, but I'd think 4WD drive mode would simply be called "4WD".

Thanks for any input.

Calvin

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I just bought a used 2410 4WD HST. I was also able to get a manual from the dealer. I noticed one of the levers engages "front wheel drive" mode - but no mention of 4WD anywhere. Am I to assume the tractor is always in real wheel drive and "front wheel drive adds the extra wheels? It seems like horrible wording if I'm correct - but this my first tractor so maybe it does make sense and I just don't get it, but I'd think 4WD drive mode would simply be called "4WD".

Thanks for any input.

Calvin
Calvin,

despite the lingo - what you understand is correct......you get it!

Now sometimes, if not most, the front wheels dont assist the rears, the rears assist the front......the fronts turn a wee bit faster than the rears, thus pulling the tractor forward and the rears pushing behind.:)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Rear wheel drive or 4 wheel drive.
Remember where the tractor is made- sometimes these labels lose some meaning through translation.;)

Congratulations on your purchase! I'd love to move up to a 2710.

Wildan

Equipment
L4240 HSTC &L3000DT
Sep 19, 2013
St.Lawrence Co.NY
Front wheel Assist;you really don't have a 4WD tractor unless the fronts are the same size as the rear(really big tractors.)