b2320 stalls when moving

swamped yankee

Equipment
b2320
Mar 5, 2017
north stonington, ct
Help

My b2320 (HSD) starts, idles, revs up to max fine.

when I try to move the machine fwd or reverse it rolls about 3 feet and starts to stall. I take my foot off the pedal and repeat....

I emptied & cleaned the fuel tank, fiddled with the PTO & seat switches, no luck.

any advice greatly appreciated!

Gary

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
When you move, does the engine cut out, or try to die? Difference between stalling and cutting out.

If you can run up the rev's without a hesitation, seems to me that you seat switch needs a little TLC, OR you have the brake on! Gonna say you dont have the brake on;).......

RFast

Equipment
B2320
Jun 21, 2022
Hillsboro, Oregon
I had a stalling issue that drove me nuts. It was finally found in the fuel filter housing that the little shut off valve that closes when you take the filter off was plugged and wouldn't allow fuel to go past the fuel filter housing. I was able to use an air compressor and blow the blockage out. Works like new now.

Reactions: 1 user

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Help

My b2320 (HSD) starts, idles, revs up to max fine.

when I try to move the machine fwd or reverse it rolls about 3 feet and starts to stall. I take my foot off the pedal and repeat....

I emptied & cleaned the fuel tank, fiddled with the PTO & seat switches, no luck.

any advice greatly appreciated!

Gary
Sounds like restricted fuel flow. You have enough flow to start and run at high idle but not enough to run under load.
Open the fuel line downstream of the filter and check for full fuel flow. Fuel should gush out CONTINUOUSLY. If it dribbles or is intermittent then work your way back through the fuel delivery system to the tank to find the restriction. If you haven't changed the fuel filter then do that too. Check for a pinched fuel line, a clogged filter head, etc. Do you have a lift pump in the system? Is it working?