B2301 Wheel Spacers with Mowing Deck

Chaz Sliger

Equipment
Kubota B2301 + Loader + Mid-Mount Mower
May 28, 2014
Portland, OR
My Setup: B2301 with Quick-Tach Loader and 54" Mid-Mount Mower Deck
Q: Has anyone had any problems with using front wheel spacers with the Drive-Over Deck?

There is no problem that I can see with putting rear wheel spacers on despite claims it won't work.
I'm getting 3" steel spacers from Lenny Stahl at Motorsport Tech.

MINICUP28

Equipment
B7610, KX-018, RTV-500, JD X758
Feb 21, 2019
COBLESKILL, NY
I can't speak for the mower, but you need to watch the loader frame. The wheel spacers make the tire swing a bigger arc around the spindle. I lost a great deal of turning radius when I added them to my front hubs.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
My Setup: B2301 with Quick-Tach Loader and 54" Mid-Mount Mower Deck
Q: Has anyone had any problems with using front wheel spacers with the Drive-Over Deck?

There is no problem that I can see with putting rear wheel spacers on despite claims it won't work.
I'm getting 3" steel spacers from Lenny Stahl at Motorsport Tech.
What do you expect to gain using front wheel spacers?

For the most part they offer essentially no increase in stability, until the worst case happens, and at that point it may be too late anyway.

Just curious...

Edit: just to be clear, the front axle has center pivot. So it does nothing for stability until it reaches the end stops.

Most of the time, but not always, the front axle is not hitting the end stops. When a bad thing happens and the tractor starts to tip, the front axle will hit the end stops. At that point it may be too late, But having spacers on the front would not hurt. Just might not help either.

Last edited: