B1750HST Bi-Speed Turn.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Readjusting the Bi-Speed turn clutch on my B1750HST has been on my list of things to do for several years and I'm hoping to tackle it this winter.

I bought my B1750 new in 1993, it has never had a FEL or front weights on it, and I use the tractor only to mow my lawn with a 60" MMM and to plow snow on my asphalt drive way with a back blade and F & R tire chains. I leave Bi-Speed on nearly all of the time and have noticed that it does not pull the front end around as effectively as it did when new. When new, the Bi-Speed would agressively pull the front end around when steering angle engaged it and if plowing show with chains, the snow would fly from the front tires. It still works but not as agressively so I expect that the Bi-Speed clutch needs shims and/or clutches. The tractor has a little more than 550 hours on it.

I have the WSM and have read the relevant pages but it is not clear if shiming the spring loaded clutch pack can be done externally through the removeable cover on the right side and how one would compress the spring to replace the cover after shiming and/or replacing the friction surfaces.

Anyone know?

I've had a new gasket and a couple of shims for several years but want to get going on this soon before Kubota drops any needed parts from parts supply. Bi-Speed is not a common option.

SDT

Last edited: