B1630 bucket replacement

Thatoneguy

Equipment
Kubota b7200
May 20, 2022
Southern California
Hello all,

The original bucket on my b1630 loader was at the end of the road. The previous owner i believe narrowed the bucket to 42 inches and was shy of useless with a badly worn edge.

I found a 48" quick attach bucket at a local dealer for a bx series tractor and figured i would make it work. A new one custom built was 1200 dollars plus shipping. This bucket was substantially cheaper. A friend of mine has a plasma table so making brackets was simple enough. He even found the kubota file and cut it into the bracket for me.

We cut off some of the factory brackets. I ended up going the pin on route. I have no desire or any other attachments that i would use a quick attach setup for. Keeping it simple was my goal. The brackets were cut from 1/4" plate and closely matched the factory setup. I wouldnt be happier. This bucket holds easily 2x's what the previous bucket held. All it needs now is some paint.

If anyone is interested in these brackets let me know.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Hello all,

The original bucket on my b1630 loader was at the end of the road. The previous owner i believe narrowed the bucket to 42 inches and was shy of useless with a badly worn edge.

I found a 48" quick attach bucket at a local dealer for a bx series tractor and figured i would make it work. A new one custom built was 1200 dollars plus shipping. This bucket was substantially cheaper. A friend of mine has a plasma table so making brackets was simple enough. He even found the kubota file and cut it into the bracket for me.

We cut off some of the factory brackets. I ended up going the pin on route. I have no desire or any other attachments that i would use a quick attach setup for. Keeping it simple was my goal. The brackets were cut from 1/4" plate and closely matched the factory setup. I wouldnt be happier. This bucket holds easily 2x's what the previous bucket held. All it needs now is some paint.

If anyone is interested in these brackets let me know.
Nice job.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
VERY Nice!

I wish we’d known beforehand your issue…so I could have suggested the Kubota-style quick-attach.

Thatoneguy

Equipment
Kubota b7200
May 20, 2022
Southern California
That quick attach setup is pretty slick, I like the pins. I contemplated doing the bobcat quick attach setup but i only use the bucket. I would imagine a pin on bucket would be easier to modify but i couldnt find one nearby that was in stock.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Yes, it’s a special bracket that fits on the pin-on loader…. Then it’s a simple matter to pull up to any pin-on implement and lift it up off the ground and put one pin in the bottom.
When I first acquired my 400-hr used tractor it had pin on loader. I then ordered a pin on pallet forks…and it took almost 5 hours to switch between implements… on and off …on and off….on and off the tractor making fine adjustments to get all the pins inserted. Pain in the arse.

Saw this video… and a few others …. and found a guy in Canada (Danannah@gmail.com) who made a set for my loader (LA1002) that had different pin-sizes/spacing than most loaders. He charged me $400 (IIRC) and …
VOILA! Piece of cake! Fits all pin on implements and no problems that the typical SSQA has of bent levers and loss of lifting capacity due to the weight of the SSQA and expense/trouble of converting pin-on implements to SSQA.
Love this solution. :love:

(PS: I leave upper pins in all my implements…that way I only have to mess with inserting two lower pins. Simple and fast and cheaper than converting to SSQA.)

Last edited: